• Tri Ax

Votes: 348 52.7%
  • Pro 5.0

Votes: 312 47.3%

• Total voters

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
I have the pro50 in my car right now and tommorrow it is coming out,i had no problem shifting with the stock shifter and since i put the pro50 in i have not been comfortable with it,granted the throws are quicker with just a click but for some reason i just cannot find 4th gear at WOT:shrug: and my stops are set just fine.I am going to try the MGW handle on stock shifter or try the triax shifter after that.
The stops only come into play after you're in gear. Why don't you try the MGW handle before you remove the Pro 5.0?

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I already took off the stock pro50 handle and put a steeda tri-ax handle on to see if that would help, it was much more comfortable and no more reaching but it made no difference as far as me missing 4th gear all the time at wot.This is just a trial and error for me to find the right shifter that i feel comfortable with!

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
40% tri ax 59% 5.0 this is not the land slide I was looking for.. I might have to go with the tri ax here seeing I love it so much on my 01:-D

Hey dude! Fancy seeing you here. For what it's worth the Hurst in my car is phenomenal. It self-centers and I haven't missed the 2 - 3 shift no matter how hard I try.

How's the car?

Kev <----- aka 2001Saleen146

nicetry

Established Member
shifter

every customer we have sold a pro 5.0 to has stated they liked them more than all the rest they have tried or used.
Jr
FTP
:beer:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Blade

Hey dude! Fancy seeing you here. For what it's worth the Hurst in my car is phenomenal. It self-centers and I haven't missed the 2 - 3 shift no matter how hard I try.

How's the car?

Kev <----- aka 2001Saleen146

Ha, thank you for the input. The car is great, just keeps getting better.:-D

Last edited:

darkhorse

Established Member
Steeda Triax shifter. MGW handle and shift knob. Redline Fluid.
This is a very nice combination. It's a big improvement over the stock set up but not track proven for me yet. Maybe Friday.....

:burnout:

R6 MiG

Established Member
how short are the throws on these shifter are the gears really close togeter or no

Intense

Established Member
i've had a handful of Pro 5.0's which is a great shifter. but the pro handles are complete crap and i hate the fact you have to cut the inner boot. getting steeda this time.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
Well what do the real drag racers use. what brand ???

Real drag racers use Automatics or Lencos depending on how fast you are going. Top fuel run straight ratio.

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by R6 MiG
how short are the throws on these shifter are the gears really close togeter or no

It's not so much that they are closer or shorter (they are, noticebly) but they're much smoother and more deliberate.

R6 MiG

Established Member
ok im selling my 95 probe gt right now and i have short throw and the gears are just a click awat from each other i like that will it be almost the same with the 5.0 or triax

R6 MiG

Established Member
ok im selling my 95 probe gt right now and i have short throw and the gears are just a click awat from each other i like that will it be almost the same with the 5.0 or triax

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Helped a buddy install a Tri-Ax today. Went for a nice little drive afterwards. 2nd to 3rd was as smooth as butter. With a reassuring snick-snack. He shifted with much more confidence. But I like my PRO-5.0. Heavier and stronger. Took about a day's worth of driving to get used to. Took about two day's worth of driving to loosen up.

Both best when tranny heats up and warms the grease...

Last edited:

TOC

Established Member
Guess I must be the only person on this board that has installed the 03 Cobra Kirban shifter. Have to say it is very well made and you can power shift 2nd to 3rd gear without blowing the shift, also doesn't seem to transmit much noise. I added their polished alum. shift ball and like the look (kind of like the Bullit Mustang).

Have a Kirban on 93 Cobra open track car (has a Tremec 3550), and it's what sold me on using one for my 03.

Just thought I'd let everyone know there is yet another alternative out there.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
With all this talk of shifters I want one now......Thanks....Where can you purchase the MGW Handle you all mention about??

Thanks in advance:beer:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I had a Pro 5.0 on my '97 Cobra and liked it. Driven a few cars w/the Steeda and I think they're both nice. They both transmit noise. I'm going to stick w/the Pro 5.0. I'm going to wait a few miles before I start any mods though. I don't want to play the warranty game w/the dealer yet, IF something comes up.

so how many miles do u have now?
I was thinking about waiting atleast 2k before modding the car. what do u think?

Users who are viewing this thread