Poly engine mounts

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Who's running poly mounts and what brand are you running? Just found my passenger side mount is already going out. And I replaced it back in April. It was listed as a Ford replacement, but who knows anymore. If I have to go through swapping mounts again I might as well upgrade this time.

PC03GT

Established Member
Who's running poly mounts and what brand are you running? Just found my passenger side mount is already going out. And I replaced it back in April. It was listed as a Ford replacement, but who knows anymore. If I have to go through swapping mounts again I might as well upgrade this time.
I did mine along with long tubes. They are prothane, they have some decent nvh, but that could also be a combination of the ftbr kit, stifflers trans mount and poly motor mounts

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have the FTBR bushing kit as well. I need to do the trans mount as well.

Would the NVH level bug someone on a long trip?

shurur

Established Member
Ok..but what about this recommendation I got from you...??

03' White Snake

Established Member
I used to run solid mounts, anything over 3K rpm would cause so much vibration in the car I couldn’t stand it. I run eBay urethane mounts now. Huge difference over the solids, I don’t remember what stock ones felt like.

I also run the stifflers trans mount with poly. No real crazy nvh anymore. The largest nvh was from the FTBR rear diff mount. You will be fine on long trips with poly engine and trans mounts.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Ok..but what about this recommendation I got from you...??

I did take my own advice and put stock style replacements on back in April after I found my originals were wore out and causing the header tube to rest on the k member. I've maybe put a couple thousand (not easy) miles on them and the passenger side is already going bad. Maybe I got a bad mount and it's just luck of the draw. They had all the Ford markings on them, but I can move the engine quite a bit with a long screw driver. Which leads to the header tube rubbing on the mount heat shield. Which sounds close to nails on a chalk board. If I'm going to deal with it again maybe I need to step up to poly.

To be totally honest if I hadn't installed the headers I'd probably still be running the same mounts I had back in December when I made that post.

I used to run solid mounts, anything over 3K rpm would cause so much vibration in the car I couldn’t stand it. I run eBay urethane mounts now. Huge difference over the solids, I don’t remember what stock ones felt like.

I also run the stifflers trans mount with poly. No real crazy nvh anymore. The largest nvh was from the FTBR rear diff mount. You will be fine on long trips with poly engine and trans mounts.
That's good to hear as the Stifflers mount is also on my list of things to replace. The stocker has 125k on it now.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Guess I need to start prepping for the next round of mods/fixes. I've already ordered the Cobra Engineering intercooler manifold.

Thank you guys.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have these Urethane motor mounts, longtubes/x pipe, MM subframe connectors, N2MB WOT box, I'm possibly buying the Core Tuning package to tune my own car, I also have IRS bushings waiting to go in.

I have a 5 week paternity leave coming up with our 3rd child and I'll probably be doing all this during that time....Winter should be busy for me.
Guess I need to start prepping for the next round of mods/fixes. I've already ordered the Cobra Engineering intercooler manifold.

Thank you guys.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have these Urethane motor mounts, longtubes/x pipe, MM subframe connectors, N2MB WOT box, I'm possibly buying the Core Tuning package to tune my own car, I also have IRS bushings waiting to go in.

I have a 5 week paternity leave coming up with our 3rd child and I'll probably be doing all this during that time....Winter should be busy for me.
Thankfully my list isn't that long. At most it'll be the engine and trans mounts and the intercooler manifold. Though I am thinking of revamping my tune. Just because I want to try something.

shurur

Established Member
01yellercobra..thanks for your input.
I truly appreciate your response.

I am going forward with the solid mounts on my car. I just don't want to **** with it again.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
01yellercobra..thanks for your input.
I truly appreciate your response.

I am going forward with the solid mounts on my car. I just don't want to **** with it again.
I totally understand. I'm just not that hard core. Let us know how it goes when you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread