Pontiac Aztek designer Tom Peters designed the C8 Corvette - both ugly IMO

quad

Established Member
I don't know. I am sure the C8 is a great performing car but I just cannot warm up to the design. When it first came out I thought give it time and it will start to look better to me but that turned out not to be the case.

The rear end is hideous (reminds of a Camaro) and the overall proportions of the car is just off. Gone are the iconic tail lights. Well that started with the C7 which Mr. Peters also designed apparently.

It is too long in the back. I get that the reason for this is the engine placement.

I think the Tesla Plaid actually looks better lol!

31b04fed_a264_40ef_a6ac_799881b3c1e4_3bc3674e66ec5c365c6e00b0acd853010aeae352_jpeg_cb1449ff40c0301e5dabd5ba245e77169e2ab513.jpg

Then we have the Aztek lol! I am sure there are other cars as ugly as that but damn it's got to be up there as the ugliest of all time. I remember a girl I worked with drove an Aztek lmao!

25_67.jpg

quad

Established Member
The Tesla Plaid looks a lot better from the rear compared with the mess that is the C8 IMO. And the car is also a lot faster. I like the sleeper aspect of the Plaid. The Terminator also had a sleeper look. No fancy wing in the back and an understated design. The C8 tries very hard to look mean and fast and meanwhile the Plaid has a more understated look but end up being the fastest production car in the world (besides the Nevera).

tesla-model-s-refresh-rear.jpg

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea, I wasn't a fan when it came out and it seems to get uglier as time goes by so it aint growing on me. I have found that the Vette looks 10x better WITHOUT the wing. Looks far more exotic.

But those stock rims with the black pinstripe on the wheel is the ugliest thing ive ever seen smh. Its almost like they had a contest of who could design the ugliest rim. Well, they WON!

The Tesla is just a modern day Lumina and is utterly BORING!

That Aztek has got to be the HOTTEST vehicle ever made tho...... lol

FJohnny

Established Member
The thread title implied side by side pictures of the C8 and Tom Peters to determine relative ugliness.

That aside, a kid around 18 or so at the golf course who drives a blue C8 is constantly getting ogled by the snack shack gals, the flower bed gal and a few old cougar members.

No one in an Aztek got ogled by anyone. Ever.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know. I am sure the C8 is a great performing car but I just cannot warm up to the design. When it first came out I thought give it time and it will start to look better to me but that turned out not to be the case.

The rear end is hideous (reminds of a Camaro) and the overall proportions of the car is just off. Gone are the iconic tail lights. Well that started with the C7 which Mr. Peters also designed apparently.

It is too long in the back. I get that the reason for this is the engine placement.

I think the Tesla Plaid actually looks better lol!

31b04fed_a264_40ef_a6ac_799881b3c1e4_3bc3674e66ec5c365c6e00b0acd853010aeae352_jpeg_cb1449ff40c0301e5dabd5ba245e77169e2ab513.jpg

Then we have the Aztek lol! I am sure there are other cars as ugly as that but damn it's got to be up there as the ugliest of all time. I remember a girl I worked with drove an Aztek lmao!

25_67.jpg
Agree on the Aztec being the King of Hideousness”, but do like the C8.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
OP you have too much time on your hands. The C8 vett is sexy. The Tesla is hideous. But considering you dont live in the bay area you dont see these on a daily and all Tesla look the same.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bottom line is that there are those here who love the C8 design, and there are those who don't like it at all). Many of those in the latter see the C8 as a radical departure from traditional Corvette design. That's a point to argue over, of course, but the C8 definitely took on an exotic look.

Years from now we'll be arguing over the ICE Corvette vs. the all-electric Corvette.

Z06

Established Member
C8 is sexy but as with most vettes, the ass end is always up for debate. C6 Z06 is the best looking vette IMO.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
C6 Z06 is the best looking vette IMO.
Without a doubt. C6 Z06 and ZR1... Hell, even the Grand Sports are sharp.

Aztec/Rendezvous...easily a top 5 ugliest modern POS ever made. That Ford Taurus boxy wagon thing from the mid-2000's is up there too. First gen Ridgeline and Avalanche (complete with the faded plastic) are two more winners in my book.

The larger Tesla sedans all look the same to me so I wouldn't know a Plaid if it bit me in the ass. The "base" model looks like a frog from the front. The SUV is kinda sleek looking. However ya shape it, I don't want any of them and I don't care how fast they are. No sound, smell, no soul, no nostalgia.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The thread title implied side by side pictures of the C8 and Tom Peters to determine relative ugliness.

That aside, a kid around 18 or so at the golf course who drives a blue C8 is constantly getting ogled by the snack shack gals, the flower bed gal and a few old cougar members.

No one in an Aztek got ogled by anyone. Ever.

Could be because they are still rare out in the wild, but every time i see a c8, there is a crowd around it.

Say what you want about this Tom Peters, the c8 is a wild success as of today with "base" models being flipped for $20k over MSRP.

Sounds awfully Fordish....

Users who are viewing this thread