pontiac g6 owners, some help?

paintballpyro1

Established Member
i know i know this is a mustang forum but here is my question.

sister car is an 08 g6 gt, above 30mph the car seems to feel like it shudders/hesitates on acclerating. as she is accelerating it gets "jumpy" like its hesitating to go, you can feel it, hard to fully describe. dealership looked at it twice now and cant find anything, they did replace 1 spark plug.

any ideas? or anyone have this issue?

MysticRob

Established Member
Odd they'd replace A spark plug, not ALL.
Can't really help not knowing the maintenance history, but I'd check the usual tune-up suspects and check for DTCs at your local Pepboys, etc.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Check coil packs and air filter first

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

paintballpyro1

Established Member
all maintence done when needed, they checked everything out and all was good. also no codes are showing(have a code reader). might try replacing all the plugs, cause after they replaced the 1 plug it still did it but stopped. it doesnt do it as much in the winter but starting summer its coming back again

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
check wires, buddies gt was doing the same exact thing. Replaced all the spark plugs still did it. replaced the wires, worked like a charm

paintballpyro1

Established Member
will get wires replaced and give that a shot. she just told me last time we took it to the dealer they said that there were trouble codes but they couldnt read them cause the check engine light isnt on. dealer sound full of it. gonna hook my code reader back up and see if there are any pending codes

paintballpyro1

Established Member
no faults or pending codes. car does have over 50k i think. will get plugs done, back 3 look like they are going to be a huge pita

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I had an 05 with the 3.5. Is hers a 3.5 or 3.9? I had mine to 90K miles with only one mishap with the plugs misfiring randomly for a minute on a steep hill. From then on, I kept them swapped with AC-Delco plugs every 30k. I know the plug wires were touching several spots on my engine but never gave me an issue so they were factory when I sold it. The 3.5 isn't horrible to do plugs on. You can feel them easily when you reach back and doing them wasn't that hard. Your knees and calves hurt from trying to hyper-extend your legs while putting them in. I've done one set of plugs on a 3.9 car and it was almost the same from what I remember. GM wires are expensive but on these cars a necessity. I've used NAPA wires on another GM Z-body *thats what think these cars were designated*, Malibu I think it was and they were garbage all 3 times we turned them in for a new set at NAPA. Start there. I know they also had an issue with a few of the transmissions but thats a whole different ball of wax. I sold my car because it started shifting/slipping and I wanted something different. Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you want more info from what I have around. G6Performance.com can be a great source of info too. Great group of people over there from when I had my car.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Check the Camshaft position sensors and actuators. I bet thats the problem, my girlfriends brother had the same problem with his g6, we swapped out one of each cuz they were bad. It only takes a minute to pull them out, you can check with a multimeter, or sometimes like his you could tell right away they were trash becuz they fell apart as I pulled them out.

Users who are viewing this thread