Portable Car Show Display Stand

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Just curious why the hole in the center? I havent seen a use for it in any pics or a reason for it?

The hole is for fingering!:banana: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The hole is there to access the poster should you ever need to remove it. Otherwise you're shaking the top upside down, or removing all of the bolts to get the acrylic off.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Just wanted to show everyone what I've been coating lately.

Here are my door still plates that are two tone powder coated with a little hydro carbon in the middle. Black powder coated base coat, hydro dipped, white powder in the letters, followed by a powdered clear coat!

dsc5218p.jpg

Here's a couple stands for customers with GT350s.
Shown with either the 24x18" top or the smaller 17x11" one.
dsc07812b.jpg

I powder coated a primer on this stand and my customer had it custom painted to match his car.
pb243181.jpg

pb263197.jpg

Another
dsc07592p.jpg

A nice matte black one for a TT GT500

dsc07763z.jpg

Here's one made for a Hertz car. Powder coated stripes!
displaystand2q.jpg

I helped him with his poster too
displaystand1.jpg

Let me know if ya got any questions. :beer:

-Brian
[email protected]

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
you make some amazing stuff...my brain is spinning with ideas for what you could make for my build...

Thank you Sir! :rockon:

We absolutely should make you something for that beast! We'll have to use small text on the poster to fit all of your mods on it though. :banana:

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Thank you Sir! :rockon:

We absolutely should make you something for that beast! We'll have to use small text on the poster to fit all of your mods on it though. :banana:

lol...not so much thinking about a stand as maybe sill inserts or something like that...

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
lol...not so much thinking about a stand as maybe sill inserts or something like that...

If you can unbolt it, it can get wet, and its shorter than 7ft, we can do it!

I've got a nice white carbon fiber that would look good with some blue letters. :banana:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Some more stands I did last week.

This is one of my favorites. Customer sent me a decal he wanted to use and we put a break in the stripes for it and it turned out great!
dsc5263.jpg

Good ol' gloss black
img1102u.jpg

Red w/ white powder coated stripes
img1091lz.jpg

A couple more dips too. This is my old radiator cover.
dsc5916.jpg

Out in the sun
dsc5951i.jpg

These are some interior pieces that go on the doors behind the side mirrors.
dsc08264g.jpg

dsc5803.jpg

Happy 2012!!

Last edited:

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Hey Brian....My stand was delivered today and all I can say is WOW !! The quality is excellent and the color matches great. This stand is very professional looking and your workmanship is tops. Thanks for helping my Gt500 look great. I sure recommend your stands. The shipping & packaging were very good too !
Thank You...Joe

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Hey Brian....My stand was delivered today and all I can say is WOW !! The quality is excellent and the color matches great. This stand is very professional looking and your workmanship is tops. Thanks for helping my Gt500 look great. I sure recommend your stands. The shipping & packaging were very good too !
Thank You...Joe

Awesome Joe, I'm glad you like it! Thanks for your business!! :beer:

Here's another textured black one I did yesterday.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
How durable is the hydro?

Also what would you charge to do the coil covers like shown?

Hydro dipped parts are as durable as the base and top coat used.

Meaning, That intake cover is ABS plastic. With these types of plastics I media blast, prime, base coat, dip, then clear coat. All with PPG paints. The print is underneath the automotive grade clear, so you'd have to get under that to damage the print.

On metal parts I like to use powder coating as a base and clear coat. Powder is a lot tougher than paint, and since the hydro print can take the heat of the curing oven, this is a much more durable option on things like wheels and other metal parts.

I charged the customer $125 for the two tone coil covers, the four bolts that hold them down, and two worm clamps off his air intake. I pay for return shipping.

:beer:

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread