ported eaton + 10% lower = blower whine

99SSls1

Established Member
Installed a 10% lower with my 2.4 upper about 2 weeks ago and blower whine is crazy. :):):):):):):):) Even driving normal you can hear the supercharger. I guess because I'm spinning it at about 20,000 rpm or whatever but I am ready if something fails.
I feel like I'm driving a GN or typhoon again when you could turn heads just by spooling it up. I thought I would share b/c the wife had no interest in the added noise.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Installed a 10% lower with my 2.4 upper about 2 weeks ago and blower whine is crazy. :):):):):):):):) Even driving normal you can hear the supercharger. I guess because I'm spinning it at about 20,000 rpm or whatever but I am ready if something fails.
I feel like I'm driving a GN or typhoon again when you could turn heads just by spooling it up. I thought I would share b/c the wife had no interest in the added noise.

Then you've done your job sir. Well done :D

Speedboosted

Established Member
Just curious, what do your intake temps look like after a few pulls? I know the factory eaton can be taken a long ways with the right work, but I'd like to know how people keep the temps down so its not just a 1 pump chump each time at the track

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Dual Fan Heat exchangers to keep IATs down, at least a dual pass. I have the VMP triple pass dual fan HE and i looks extremely well constructed. 3x reservoir will help too.

170*F T-Stat and fan reprogram to help keep the engine unit cool.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Dual Fan Heat exchangers to keep IATs down, at least a dual pass. I have the VMP triple pass dual fan HE and i looks extremely well constructed. 3x reservoir will help too.

170*F T-Stat and fan reprogram to help keep the engine unit cool.

I've got all that, just curious if he did anything special to it (ice tank in the back maybe?)

Mainn

Established Member
You think that screams? Try switching to a TVS. :D

Nice to hear you enjoy the new whine. It's intoxicating, isn't it?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You think that screams? Try switching to a TVS. :D

Nice to hear you enjoy the new whine. It's intoxicating, isn't it?

No I have a pullied tvs now, nothing screams like my ported/pullied eaton did. Kind of miss the sound actually but the tvs is a stronger blower for sure.

99SSls1

Established Member
Just curious, what do your intake temps look like after a few pulls? I know the factory eaton can be taken a long ways with the right work, but I'd like to know how people keep the temps down so its not just a 1 pump chump each time at the track

I haven't logged it since the lower but I have duals fans on my stock he, larger tank and a 170 stat. I haven't had any noticeable heat soak yet to make me log it again.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
The super-charger whine even STOCK w\ the resonator delete is just incredible, this is the first car I've ever kept the stock exhaust on because I just love that whine and I feel the signature sound of the Cobra is the whine! I do wish I could hear mine more though, I imagine yours sounds wicked, can you upload a video of it?

cyazo6

Established Member
Ya, I would love to hear a video of it as well. Have you dyno'd or taken the car to track with the new setup?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sound clip?

BTW, I had to get rid of my Flowmaster outlaws as everytime I even sort of got on it the wife would give me the what the **** is wrong with me look.

sono

Established Member
That's funny, I was just thinking on the way home today sbout my tvs not haveing that crazy scream the eaton had. It was so loud my buddy with a roush and headers heard it in his car at 80+

That was with a 2.5 pulley, yours must sound like a damn hellfire missile.

Users who are viewing this thread