Ported Eaton Swap or On 3 Turbo Kit?

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
Looking to make as much usable power as my stock TR3650 tranny & rear end can handle. Price is a factor. Engine is a Ford Racing Alluminator (9.8:1 compression) UPR coilover/K-member delete kit. Lethal budget return fuel system (dual Walbro pumps, #60 injectors) upgraded ignition system & plugs. 3.73 gears. A few various extras. Race on Track over Strip so low end power is preferable although the more the better. Take on occasional road trips (OCMD). All Help/Suggestions appreciated!!

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Completely personal, depends what kind of car you want since your the one driving it

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
basically just looking for the most cost effective way to make the most power, originally built to go turbo then thought ported eaton swap would be cheaper/easier/more reliable but now it's looking like it'd cost more

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Turbo will make more power but the Eaton will be less of a headache. Bolt on and go... you decide what one you want. I went with the Eaton because it was less hassle and still makes good power.

fangs99

Established Member
If you are staying with a manual trans, go with the eaton.... You will make good power and be a lot of fun. Plus 2.3whipple swaps or vmp TVS will really wake it up. Now if you go auto, turbo all day long

Users who are viewing this thread