Posi port templet

fangs99

Established Member
I recently got my first terminator. My other car is a turbo/auto street/strip car. My 03 i want to make into a fun DD. I'm looking to delete the EGR, clean out the intercooler ad a catch can, killer chiller and port the blower. Does anyone here have the posi templet for a home port job?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I did this years back. Take a look at as many images as you can. Posi has a couple varients that he did. It's a decent amount of work, but not hard. Just take your time, study the pictures, and port match the intake to the TB (stock or aftermarket).

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Look in the Terminator sub-forum under the "How-To" items. There used to be a thread that Posi had posted in quite a bit. If I find it, I will post the link.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I didn't use a templet. On the underside, there isn't a lot of cutting to do. (you can base the measurements off the lines on the underside of the blower…I think he might have measurements out there as well, but I just used the casting lines) The inlet of the blower and the plenum need to be gasket matched (take a new OEM gasket and start there. You can actually even go a little bigger and cut the gasket…I did this the second time I ported the plenum, but it's not necessary). The inside of the blower needs to be smoothed out, and around/on top of the screw bearings need to be smoothed out and dropped down, although I've seen versions of his blowers where it did not waterslide down the sides of the bearings. I'll try and take a look tonight and see if I can find some old pictures (It's been almost 6 1/2 years since I did it). I did it with a dremel (not ideal and took FOREVER). I believe POSI did a write up on this going over ideal tools and such.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
okay, here's what I could find

Throttle body

throttlebody014.jpg

Before
3ed11501.jpg

and gasket matched (I did smooth this out a touch more as well, sorry, I don't have pics)
5160ecab.jpg

And the blower

portedblower003.jpg

portedblower002.jpg

This was the inlet on the first blower. This COULD have been opened up more. Once again, put a gasket up to it, and use a marker to find the right size. You can push it a bit more toward the front, but the picture of the gasket on the plenum pic should give you an idea of just how much "meat" can be taken off

portedblower001.jpg

I hope that helps and kind of gives you an idea. I took a perminant marker for the bottom and drew a sketch of where I needed to cut.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread