Possible 13-14 problem?

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
So running an event this weekend we had over 40 Shelby's of all types, and 3 2013-14 gt500s.

The 13 and a brand new 14, like a month old, both stock had the following happen-

Start the car, the gas pedal does not a damn thing. Like the pedal is dead. Turn the car off, restart fixed the 14 right away, the 13 took about 3 cycles of this, then worked.

No need to tell me to suggest a dealer visit, BUT,

Anyone else seen this happening? Odd eh?

5.0 guy

Established Member
Strange, I've had various things happen in my newer ford cars and usually get lucky with a restart to clear the problem, might be good to bring it in and see if maybe something was data logged in the computer. I think it would be interesting to see what caused that to happen.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I commented in another thread about this happening to my stock car as well. Several other people chimed in and mentioned similar experiences too. This is one of the reasons I'm slow to void my warranties until I've put quite a bit of miles on my cars. Since this is happening on stock vehicles we know it has nothing to do with an aftermarket tune or part, but you could bet that would be the first thing Ford would claim.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I'm glad some people actually drive their cars, with such low miles I won't find out any problems until the warranty is way expired! Lol

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'm glad some people actually drive their cars, with such low miles I won't find out any problems until the warranty is way expired! Lol

This issue has only happened to me once and it was a smidge over the 3500 mile mark.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Just to be clear, these are both stock cars, no tune. It hasn't happened to mine, 2600 miles so far.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
5300 miles and haven't experienced this issue. weirdest thing that ever happened to me- backed out of my driveway, not quite as much as I should have, and had a pretty sharp turn to pull away when I heard a pop and all my dash lights flashed and I think the traction lights and abs lights stayed on. restart cleared it

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Had that happen once around 4k miles

Had been driving the car all day. Stopped for food. Started car up. Touched gas pedal. Nothing. Let off pedal. Pushed it back down. Power was there.

Seemed weird, but never happened again

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Over 10K on my 13 now. No issues. Interesting to read though. Wonder what it could be.

03reptile

Established Member
Strange. Had this happen on my 2011 (un-modded) once. Re-started and all OK. Never happened again. Have 8,500K on my non-modded 13 and no issues. May just be a computer glitch?

Users who are viewing this thread