Possible Bearing or weak Eaton

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Pull the belt off and run it and see what happens.
It WILL run without the belt, you will just not have boost or an alternator.
This way you can narrow it down to a much smaller group of possibilities.
Alternator, idler bearing or blower. Or something totally different.
You should be able to find it from there if spinning each piece doesn't reveal the bad part.
Dana

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
how long were you in boost? Because I would think that if its a rod bearing the oil must have been really hot and was not protecting well so they rod bearing spun.

03snakerush

Established Member
I'd take the time, put it back to stock, even the stock air cleaner, take it to your selling dealer(if possible) and ask to have the problem taken care of....under the warranty you paid for.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I have the same problem but its when my car is cold, I hear some knock from the motor before it gets up off the cold mark from about 2000-25000rpm.

I would take the time and demod, as others mentioned, there is no excuse for a poor oiling problem and nothing you did would of induced it besides negligence.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Damn! Every time I think about swapping the pulley on my car, I read something like this that scares the crap outta me.

It's a good reason NOT to mess with it. Also a good reason to use synthetic oil.

coleman

Established Member
yes, if you don't have the resources to cover an internal engine failure, do not modify your car!
i'd even recommend the extended warranty on these cars with the problems they have been having.

yes, you might end up with a more well built engine that can take some additional abuse. but are you a gambling man? would you bet $30,000 on a game where you really don't even know the odds?

after my engine failure, my perspective has changed a little... :lol1:

but who can resist a K&N? catback? ... just don't cross that line of no return.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I'm reading between the lines, and maybe I'm reading wrong, but it sounds like as you exited the hwy. you down shifted into 2nd instead of 4th, and over reved the motor. The rev limiter only stops the motor from over reving from gas accelleration. It doesn't prevent over reving from downshifting. If you over reved the motor from down shifting, you could have any number of bent valve train parts which could explain the knock.

Do the work. Demod the car back to the stock parts and take it in. Maybe, just maybe, they will honor the warranty.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
buy a new computer, put it all back to stock and send it in for repair.

If you're desperate enough that's what you gotta do.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I feel for ya man I really do, but its a car, the only thing they can do is wareout ever single drive. These are hipro cars not a honda civic, it kills me everytime someone calls them a piece of junk or says they are going to sell it, you modded it! You voided your warrenty not Ford. But you did get the enjoyment out of the car! Nothing can replace that smile while your peggin your boost gauge! If it truly is a problem with the oil delivery system, then of course Ford should honor your warrenty, but if your downshifiting with 2 high of revs, you cant expect not to eventually hurt something. Sorry again, hopefully they will fix your problem, but just be streight up with them, that will get you a lot further IMHO opinion, more so then if they found out you modded, and you were lying to them.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I have had tons of things go wrong with my car, dont get me wrong, but I also drive it like a freak. Just to be expected I guess, I have had many many hi dollar perf cars in my day, but always had the same amounts of problems with them, its just how cars are. They arnt all the same, and its not a matter of if but when. But its all about what puts a smile on your face at the end of the day, if this car isnt cutting it, then its time to cut your losses and move on! I really enjoyed my M3, consider one of those. Then again my friend just blew up his brand new M3's engine with 2k miles on it... *shrug*

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
But until you get it into a shop you still don’t know what’s wrong with it, hopefully it works out for the best! Always look for the opportunities in all bad situations, because there is always tons of it! Good luck bud! Keep us posted, I am sure it will work out for the best; things have a way of doing that!

Users who are viewing this thread