Possible rod knock

Darthcobra

Established Member
As title says I have possible bottom end knock haven’t pulled pan to confirm but runs and drives just has slight knock think a rod could be bent.

The car has a lot of nice parts Atlantic blue convertible, vortech supercharger v2 si intercooled 6spd lots of suspension and frame ties that are welded in. Saleen wheels drag radials, really clean interior.
My thought are sell as a roller with the super charger for 8k or fix engine and sell for 15k.

What would I be looking at to have the engine redone im the chicago land area, and where would you take it? Is it better to just sell as is with the knock for 8k? Is 8k reasonable? My wife wants me to get rid of it frankly I do too, we’re getting a 4 door bronco in the spring and I could use the cash for upgrades on that and accessories.

Darthcobra

Established Member
There is 104k on the odometer. Any idea on cost to replace the short block with a forged one? Any local places?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure there is local places, I'm not from that area though. Maybe the "Taste of Home" section of the forums can help you out better with that.
If you're just gonna sell it, why not put a used Cobra engine in it?

Darthcobra

Established Member
I will look into that. I have the vortech on it and would like to keep it that way but could sell it outright and then put the engine in it but a lot of lines are rerouted with the supercharger piping. I’ll check in the taste of home thanks for chiming in.

robvas

Established Member
Blower $2000, T56 $2000, then your other parts, then the roller for $2000

Darthcobra

Established Member
It has the Saleen wheels too with nitto drag radials on them. I could sell injectors for maybe 800 has gt500 heads on it also. One cylinder I think is bad.

40th GT

Established Member
Atlantic Blue is a rare color. If feasible I'd rebuild it over time and use the Bronco as a daily. If you part it out I suppose you could get $7kish after it's all sold though.

L&M Engines or MPR can help with a turnkey shortblock.

Users who are viewing this thread