Possible SY 2004 Cobra Purchase Questions

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Guys,

I have been away from mustang for 5 or so years so me and the wife are looking to get back into one. I wanted to get some opinions on the Stiegemeier Snake Bite kit which is on this car. Doing some basic searching I am not getting a good vibe and in the past I have had Stage 4 Stiegemeier ported blower that I really liked on my previous 03 cobra. I have included a general mod list hopefully attaching the files works. This car also has a Cobra Engineering Oil Cooler delete which I am not familiar with at all and a tubular K-member. It drives good and appears to have an aftermarket clutch (engages great with smooth gear change). I always appreciate peoples opinions on here so figured I would ask.

Attachments

• F2CA97F1-C49F-4098-95CD-E392C87CBCF5.jpeg
    F2CA97F1-C49F-4098-95CD-E392C87CBCF5.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 6D96C2C7-6B57-4A4C-9113-46668BE2C26C.jpeg
    6D96C2C7-6B57-4A4C-9113-46668BE2C26C.jpeg
    636.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 334F9E8A-FE71-472C-8994-219DC85DF7DC.jpeg
    334F9E8A-FE71-472C-8994-219DC85DF7DC.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 155
  • E692392C-D2BF-4CE4-97A5-BF9A5BBA48A7.jpeg
    E692392C-D2BF-4CE4-97A5-BF9A5BBA48A7.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 154

BlackStang00

Established Member
Looks like it had a strut tower brace that was removed and the holes left. I’m guessing he did some of the work but not all of it by his description of not knowing the brand of a part or two, could mean he bought it that way.

I can’t answer your question op but what’s he asking for it and why is he selling it? It looks really nice but keep in mind you’re buying someone else’s build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackStang00

Established Member
It’s only my opinion but I question people’s intentions when they sell. Everyone makes their car seem like the best to sell it. I mean I get people getting bored of what they bought so don’t take what I say as to turn you away from it.

Go take a look in person and see what it’s like. I’m sure it’s a good find like I said I err on the side of caution.

Whats he asking for it? And how many miles?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys,

I have been away from mustang for 5 or so years so me and the wife are looking to get back into one. I wanted to get some opinions on the Stiegemeier Snake Bite kit which is on this car. Doing some basic searching I am not getting a good vibe and in the past I have had Stage 4 Stiegemeier ported blower that I really liked on my previous 03 cobra. I have included a general mod list hopefully attaching the files works. This car also has a Cobra Engineering Oil Cooler delete which I am not familiar with at all and a tubular K-member. It drives good and appears to have an aftermarket clutch (engages great with smooth gear change). I always appreciate peoples opinions on here so figured I would ask.

Hey bud...how's things in Statesboro? I would not buy. What's the price though? He states he doesn't know the brand of H/E, so guessing he bought the car modded?

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you wanna chew the fat over it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd like to know what the seller is asking, as well. And what the mileage is. That is a ton of mods, many obviously for track use. If you're serious about this one, I recommend you inspect it in person and get a compression test. Or have someone do it for you.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Looks like it had a strut tower brace that was removed and the holes left. I’m guessing he did some of the work but not all of it by his description of not knowing the brand of a part or two, could mean he bought it that way.

I can’t answer your question op but what’s he asking for it and why is he selling it? It looks really nice but keep in mind you’re buying someone else’s build.

I didn’t even catch that when looking it however I see what you mean about the strut brace. I agree 100% that your getting someone else’s build. In the past that has bitten me in the butt.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
I'd like to know what the seller is asking, as well. And what the mileage is. That is a ton of mods, many obviously for track use. If you're serious about this one, I recommend you inspect it in person and get a compression test. Or have someone do it for you.
The car has 48,000 miles on it. $29,300 is the price we’ve somewhat talked about. I am going to get the car on a lift tomorrow and take a more in depth look. A compression test would be a nice idea to just to make sure everything is good.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Thats not a bad price. I’d start digging in like how long has he had it and does he have receipts for anything.

There’s only a few reasons Hes getting rid of it, personal reasons, got in over his head and is trying to dump it on someone else or he bought it, beat it and now he’s trying to dump it before it breaks.

I’m skeptical of everything when buying cars. Ask a lot of questions and overall don’t be afraid to walk away.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
It is a lengthy story but I will try and keep it short. A guy I have known for a pretty long time and has helped me with some of my cars over the years (fixing, finding parts, etc..) is in the automotive business. He actually deals with buying and selling wrecked and used mustangs. Now the first thing you will say is well hell no why would you buy one from a guy like that. The deal is he loves mustangs and if he finds a diamond in the rough he will buy a car from time to time (I’ve seen it multiple times in the past and have even gone with him to purchase cars). He had been looking for and 03-04 terminator for his personal use and just happened to come across someone outside of the automotive business realm. He has a list of mods that the person wrote down and has contact information for him that I am trying to go through to see about. He hasn’t had the car for long and has ordered a new GT500 and is also trying to buy a piece of property that adjoins his property (which came up suddenly) to keep some development from happening. I have already driven it and it seems legit. However tomorrow he is getting it up on the lift so a friend and myself can take a look.

BlackStang00

Established Member
You and your friend are adults, I’ll leave the decision making in your hands. It does look nice. Try to talk him down a little if you can and good luck.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya, it's not something I would invest $29k into. Wifes Comp O had MM everything, Coil overs, K member, whipple etc. Straight line, rode like crap, especially I-16.

Stegamier stopped being relevant after their basic Stage 4 port.

There's cleaner cars, with better documentation out there for that amount of money.

And SY is not a hot resale color. He's priced as if the car is STOCK with 48k miles. Just my post for this evening. Good luck in w/e you decide to do.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What's with the brackets over the snout?

I think one guy local to me had snake bite kit. Loud as hell and didn't make any more boost than a "regular" port. He never had any issues with it though. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Ya, it's not something I would invest $29k into. Wifes Comp O had MM everything, Coil overs, K member, whipple etc. Straight line, rode like crap, especially I-16.

There's cleaner cars, with better documentation out there for that amount of money.

And SY is not a hot resale color. He's priced as if the car is STOCK with 48k miles. Just my post for this evening. Good luck in w/e you decide to do.

Interesting take on this for sure. Makes plenty of sense. It would be easier for me if it was stock for sure. To many unknowns for a lot of money.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

But when did you buy it? You can't compare prices from a year ago to today.

I'm on MM everything and my car rides fine. All about the set up.

Users who are viewing this thread