Possible to run a IAT Gauge?

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
The PLX DM-200 just plugs into the OBD2 port and displays 6lines of data at any one time, including Oil Pressure. Installs in less than a minute, not counting mounting the pod.

I use a lot of PLX stuff, never a complaint about it. You can even plug in a wideband module and display/datalog.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
displays 6lines of data at any one time, including Oil Pressure.
Kind of doubt that it's possible since the OBDII system doesn't have an oil pressure sensor that reads lbs. It's just a switch that trips when the pressure goes over/under a certain pressure threshold.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
now would this gauge be able to work as a wideband setup as well? Thanks in advance.
Yes, PLX sells a wideband module that plugs in to the unit.

Kind of doubt that it's possible since the OBDII system doesn't have an oil pressure sensor that reads lbs. It's just a switch that trips when the pressure goes over/under a certain pressure threshold.
You're right, Ford doesn't output oil pressure even though there is a variable voltage signal going to the cluster for the stock gauge.

But it will monitor coolant temp, IATs, long and short term fuel trim, voltage, so there are plenty of other parameters that can be logged. And PLX has an oil pressure unit that will plug in to the DM-200 so you can monitor it.:thumbsup:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
On my Aeroforce gauge, the IAT1 and 2's read the same. I have to read charge temps.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I watch my IATs on my PLX DM200 OBD. If you don't mind seeing numbers rather than gauges, you can watch up to 4 PIDs at once, so I watch ECT and IAT on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread