Possible valve rattling at 80mph with a Predator

akaeric

Established Member
If no one recalls the little run in I had with the Diablo site that I got called for letter word and kicked off.
Welll I just bought a new Predator that works on a 2004 Cobra and ran there performance tune and yesterday I have a vert so I'm not sure but I was running a steady 80 mph on I-95 and I thought I could hear a low rattling like valves and we have good gas hear 92 to 93 so I didn't do the 91 tune which is new to the predator. SO I went to diablo's forum and it let me register and there was a htread right on the same subject so I just ask a question and here is their response .
First off...
This is not your thread AKAERIC.

Second..
You have never bought anything from me which doesn't make you a current customer.

Third..
You have been banned from this board with several screen names and ip's but you still seem to get on..

Persistent aren't you..

OMAR or Duane....take care of this guy for me please
I reponded with I'm sorry I PM directly to the guy that wrote this and said directly I'm sorry and they erased my response and kicked me of again and I paid $400.00 for a new predator no response. Just like little spoiled brats.

Well anyway does anyone here have any ideas like adjust the timing or do the 91 octane tune. There is no rattling around town and every day driving. It was just that moment or the highway. I'm not sure what the 91 tune does except let you run on 91 fuel.
I have tried to ask twice about playing with the timming for a little more performance and what are the safe limits. That was a little trick with carb. car was to advance the timming just before it started rattling.

:rockon: :rockon:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Have you had it dyno checked? I recommend getting your air/fuel checked out if you hear any sort of knocking or pinging. Of course you could always back out some timing and add some fuel on the parameters of the tune for now.

akaeric

Established Member
No I live in a small area and theres no dyno around here. It dosen't do it around every day driving of course I drive with the rpms up in the 2000 to 3000 range but on I-95 I was just crusing in six at 80 which islike low2000rpms

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya cruising in sixth and giving a little throttle could potentially be a load on the engine which could result in pinging. Sound like you need a bit mroe fuel or less timing. With the Predator it would be very easy to adjust those settings in the lower rpm range without hurting top end performance.

03DOHC

Established Member
Sounds like pinging to me. Do not go WOT in 6th at a low rpm. Get it on a dyno and check the A/F to make sure it's safe and take out some timing.

fubu795

Banned
My car used to do the same damn thing with the predator tune. James at RWTD sent me a new tune and with 93 gas she runs like a rapped ape.

When I'm crusing on the interstate in 6th and come upon an incline or hill of some sort I always downshift to 5th to get the rpm's up, I'd rather waste a little gas then risk detanation :)

akaeric

Established Member
I was fine have a Apten chip that's t tune in the predatorstill good it does bettter after third hold on 1st and 2nd are so so but they did raise the rev limiter which is nice. I just wanted to try the predator again it did a good job on my 2003 coupe. The nice thing now is my traction control is off all the time thats my favorite part of the predator and I have a 2.80 pulley going on soon I have that tune in the predator of couse I can ship my chip back to Apten or just have them make me a new one. I might go back to the chip. I'm still testing the predator. As I said I live in a small place and would have to plan a trip to get it dyno tuned which I would love to do but I have plans for a twin screw SC so I might drive it to a good shop some where that can do the work and dyno tune it right.

jeffsvt

Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
No I live in a small area and theres no dyno around here. It dosen't do it around every day driving of course I drive with the rpms up in the 2000 to 3000 range but on I-95 I was just crusing in six at 80 which islike low2000rpms

There is a place in Beaufort you could checkout called EFI Solutions .

http://www.efi-solutions.com/

akaeric

Established Member
Dam thanks jeffsvt my son sad there was a dyno in beaufort I'll have to ride over there and check them out. I O you one!

jeffsvt

Established Member
And also there is a dyno in Charleston with a wideband A/F if your interested I could give you directions if EFI doesn't have theirs installed yet . The local mustang club usually does dyno days every couple of months you could come check out as well .

Users who are viewing this thread