Possibly the saddest/worse night i can remember

MonkeysL

Established Member
About 13 summers ago (was going into the seventh grade) i had saved my allowance for a few months. My parents had promised me I could pick out a new puppy that I would care for myself. I eventually found and fell in love with a little puppy boxer. From the day i brought her home until tonight she has been by my side every day/night. Tonight I know for a fact it will be the last. When i came home from work i knew it was that time. She has been progressively getting worse and worse over the past year, losing more and more control of her back legs. It is almost like she has finally given up. Won't even move from the spot she is laying in. I will be camping out on the kitchen floor to spend my last night with her. i'm hoping she will just pass in her sleep tonight so we don't have to do it tomorrow.

i can't remember the last time i cried like a baby.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your tragedy. I've experienced the loss of a long lived pet, and it was very difficult.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
sorry to hear man. i had to put my good buddy of a german shepard down last year when his back went out. then, a few months ago, i watched as my little pug/chihuaha was run over by a car. ive had him for 10 years and went through a lot with him. its hard, but time will heal. enjoy the memories of the good times you had. if your dog doesnt pass tonight, have it put to sleep tomorrow so it doesnt have to endure any more suffering :(

joshs00blkgt

Bulldawgs Amen
Established Member
Sorry to hear about that man i have also been through this. I have two dogs (boston Terrier and Pug) now that are with me day/night.

canibus

Established Member
is there nothing they can do for her?

if not

take her to a warm bed and let her go comfortably in peace. i dread the day i see my pooch go.

sorry about your suffering

paintballpyro1

Established Member
I hear ya man, Hope all goes ok. I have a 11yr old boxer and he has been walking funny, loosing all his hair on his back(around his kidneys) and not being able to hold going to the bathroom for long. He has his days were he is good and then others were he never moves. Another story my uncle was outside playing fetch with his boxer and the dog came back and started to pant really bad so he sat down and held the dog and he died right in his arms. Boxers normally dont live too much past 10 from what ive heard tho.

dooberGN

Established Member
My grandmas pug lost control of its back legs about a year ago. Can't move on it's own just poops where it sits and barks non-stop all damn day. Other then that it's fine:shrug:damn thing just won't go down.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
as a fellow boxer owner, I cant imagine how hard its going to be to see my boxer pass on. He has helped me through things and always brings a smile to my face every day. My boston/rat terrier is the same way

insane99svt

Established Member
Sorry man I hate to hear that I had a dog named Chester that I had when I was about 5 until I was about 11-12 we grew up together and he looked after me but someone ran over him and could have probally saved him had they told us but they did not I cried for 2 days

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Sorry to hear that. My parents lost one dog this year to age. He was 15 and a Standard Poodle. We got him when I was 11. He was a great dog.

Always tough.

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Dogs are a big part of my family. I would do anything to keep them healthy and alive.They know when you are sick or happy and they only ask for love in return. Don't let your dog suffer and don't be ashame to cry.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
So sorry man. That has to be terrible. My best wishes are with you. She's on the rainbow bridge now.

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
sorry to hear that man. stay with her and make sure she knows how much she means to you. my family lost a dog last month, its very very hard. no matter how much you try to prepare yourself for it, it crushes you man.

i hope the best to you and your family, i know how it is :(

MonkeysL

Established Member
thanks everybody for the kind words. Today will determine what happens. I wish she would just go on her own so i don't have to make that decision.

Users who are viewing this thread