Post all 03-04 Cobras in the $18-21k range here...

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
no one believes you can get a cobra for $18-21,000 these days. Ive found a few cars in the price range so if your car fits in that range, please post it here with a link to your for sale ad or post the info here. Im going to be getting back into the 03-04 Scene and have been shopping around for the right car. I also have a friend who is looking for the same type of deal so post up! Im personally in no rush to purchase a car (ideally in april-may), but it would be nice to have an inexpensive terminator database!

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I would buy the right car in that price range as well, was going to look at one this weekend but someone said they just bought it!!! ANGRY! I am a no BS cash buyer. -Mat-

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
There will be no data base at that price range, people buy them up like hotcakes!

But they are out there!

SVTdubs

Established Member
this will be a great thread. The problem is a lot of 03-04 owners value their cars a lot higher than the market demands. KBB really doesnt mean anything. Viper KBB's are low compared to what they actually sell for and cobras are high. Its all market value, not book value. We will see who posts their car for sale first. One things for sure, I bet the cars in this thread sell faster than making their own thread.... if we get a few to get in here to start this thread

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
this will be a great thread. The problem is a lot of 03-04 owners value their cars a lot higher than the market demands. KBB really doesnt mean anything. Viper KBB's are low compared to what they actually sell for and cobras are high. Its all market value, not book value. We will see who posts their car for sale first. One things for sure, I bet the cars in this thread sell faster than making their own thread.... if we get a few to get in here to start this thread

Huh? If 03-04 COBRA owners value thier cars more than 18-21K, that means they won't sell them for that price or less. That means they set the market value eh?

I agree, market value does not neccessarily = KBB

If no terminator owners will sell for less than 25K lets say, then market value is 25K.

Just my .02

But good luck, I would be skeptical for one selling at a low price, whats wrong with it?

Ken

:beer:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
The Mineral Grey car is the one I am talking about. I got an email from him at 11:00pm last night, then at 10:00am this morning someone tells me they bought it>??? I was going to be going there with cash and hopefully coming home with a Cobra. I am waiting to hear back from the owner to confirm the sale. -Mat-

SVTdubs

Established Member
kens03cobra said:
Huh? If 03-04 COBRA owners value thier cars more than 18-21K, that means they won't sell them for that price or less. That means they set the market value eh?

I agree, market value does not neccessarily = KBB

If no terminator owners will sell for less than 25K lets say, then market value is 25K.

Just my .02

But good luck, I would be skeptical for one selling at a low price, whats wrong with it?

Ken

:beer:

Im saying they think their car is worth 25k but the market only pays 21ish so they overvalue their cars... typically, not always

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I throw this offer to ANYONE out there. If you want to unload your car CHEAP this weekend , I will have true cash money. If the car is legit and the price is right I will buy. My Z06 gets picked up on Saturday morning and I would be all about buying something this weekend. If interested in selling PM me!!! -Mat-

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
Im saying they think their car is worth 25k but the market only pays 21ish so they overvalue their cars... typically, not always

Roger that...

KBB says I am good for 26K, I personally would not let it go for that with the condition it is in.

Good thread and good luck with it.

I still say beware if you find a cheap one, they may just be trying to get out of it for some reason.

Ken
:beer: :beer:

asperformance

Banned
I sold my 01 V-6 Converted to 03 Cobra, It was the teal one at Mustang week, it is over on SVT page. I got 20K for it with Salvage title. Grated it was a one off car the ford should have built. But I think that a nice 03 in good condition should sell in the 24K to 25K range. If mileage is right. I am asking 25K for an 04 mystic with 6k miles, But has salvage history, no Body damage it was a theft recovery. Insurance paid off before car was found.. Let me know if their is any takers, Has Solid out of 04 mach and magnaflow X-with cats.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Sure you can find a cobra in that price range. Only problem is that it is going to have higher mileage (40k and up). And most likely will have been ran good and hard. The one thing you dont have to worry about is that, you dont have to worry about breaking the car in. Most people sell their terminators around 24k and up because they have lower mileage on them.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Anybody asking that price range for their Terminator would usually indicate that: 1) the Cobra has 60,000+ miles on it, 2) the Cobra is a total POS, salvage, repo, damaged, or the like, 3) the owner MUST sell in a specific time period due to divorce, relocation, deployment, etc, etc, or 4) the seller has no idea what his car is actually worth.

What we as owners value our Cobras at, and what they are actually worth in the marketplace, can indeed be two different figures.......But, luckily for us, a Terminator in excellent condition with reasonable mileage, is worth several thousand dollars more that 21K. And the market does consistently support this fact.

Last edited:

SVTdubs

Established Member
IronTerp said:
the owner MUST sell in a specific time period due to divorce, relocation, deployment, etc, etc,.

thats what Im looking for:pop:

:pop: :pop: :pop: It may be a while before the right car comes along... want some popcorn?

Users who are viewing this thread