Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on making it out of there with your Shelby in one piece. I know I said you were crazy to take it over there.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I was lucky to drive to the Ring, a Cars and Coffee event in Switzerland, and cruise around Italy without getting whacked. I only managed 185MPH on a stretch of road, and thought that I'd have time to make a top speed run, but it didn't happen. Oh well, I look forward to participating in some half mile events, autocross, HPDEs, and whatever else is available in the Colorado Springs/Denver area.

william7635

Established Member
4a04cf4086c8515f396af70eab00caf9.jpg

ddb39d1781bb4f717816c60efc8adc87.jpg
a07fbf7d9dbe22aad1cbe4bc0725a8be.jpg

2014 GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition, #32 of 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I was lucky to drive to the Ring, a Cars and Coffee event in Switzerland, and cruise around Italy without getting whacked. I only managed 185MPH on a stretch of road, and thought that I'd have time to make a top speed run, but it didn't happen. Oh well, I look forward to participating in some half mile events, autocross, HPDEs, and whatever else is available in the Colorado Springs/Denver area.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once you get to the Denver, CO area, your shelby will feel like a 2010. Altitude over there KILLS performance.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once you get to the Denver, CO area, your shelby will feel like a 2010. Altitude over there KILLS performance.

Yup. Haven't gotten mine down to sea-level yet, but must be a beast. Dynoed at 645rwhp with just the 65mm TB, FRPP resonator delete and Lund Tune... One day.....

Dyno.jpg

LEXiiON

paluka21

Established Member
Yup. Haven't gotten mine down to sea-level yet, but must be a beast. Dynoed at 645rwhp with just the 65mm TB, FRPP resonator delete and Lund Tune... One day.....

View attachment 95524

LEXiiON
Most likely the dyno operator adjusted / corrected for the altitude so you won't see the loss you would if it were uncorrected.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Most likely the dyno operator adjusted / corrected for the altitude so you won't see the loss you would if it were uncorrected.

They did. SAE 1.26 as in the picture. So it is around 512rwhp at altitude. It must be interesting to go sea-level to feel the full power....and then it was a 90+ degree day...

LEXiiON

paluka21

Established Member
They did. SAE 1.26 as in the picture. So it is around 512rwhp at altitude. It must be interesting to go sea-level to feel the full power....and then it was a 90+ degree day...

LEXiiON

Absolutely makes a huge difference at sea level. I know quite a few guys who travel to a track a few hours away because the elevation is only 320 feet. Although my local track is only at 550'.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

View attachment 95524

LEXiiON
+1. Please consider adding your results to the 2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results thread.

I also live at altitude but, in my experience, (SAE) correction is the norm. While the best comparisons are drawn from pulls on the same dyno on the same day in the same conditions, that's not always possible. (SAE) correction is the best way to make comparisons at least somewhat relevant.

50stangpower

Established Member
Im in love with the wheel stance combo. How are you linking the handling/high speed stability with those?

Honestly it handles just fine. I don't notice any difference in normal driving at all. The only negative is I wish I could adjust the brake bias as a 6 piston rotor and 5" tire will lock up quick.

Man that looks mean as hell. Perfect stance and wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the compliment, it was a difficult decision to make but I am happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread