Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

cheaneyt

Established Member
Sundays cruise to a quiet place
20210801_130506.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Its a dry sumped gsxr1000. Only thing that has me queasy about the swap is i'll be going from an H pattern to paddle shift.
Welp there goes 1.5-2 seconds a lap.

It'll take a minute for you to remember what gear you're in lol

Sent from my Potato

blk02edge

Established Member
Welp there goes 1.5-2 seconds a lap.

It'll take a minute for you to remember what gear you're in lol

Sent from my Potato
It would not be close to that much of a gap ;)
Honestly, im going to remove the flatshifter setup and run the conventional stick setup. My goal is the all out track record and do it with not one single "nanny"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would not be close to that much of a gap ;)
Honestly, im going to remove the flatshifter setup and run the conventional stick setup. My goal is the all out track record and do it with not one single "nanny"

Eh, I'd rather just have the fastest lap period. lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Eh, I'd rather just have the fastest lap period. lol
Well im sure I can do that! We will see, i'll try both and look at the data with/without paddles and I bet it'll just be a small consistency thing over the course of a session. I very well may have to eat my words at the pace this car can do though! Run crying to my flatshifter system to save me :D

For some perspective to anyone who has no idea wtf this car is, my buddy beat the ACR-E's fastest pro lap in it by over 14 seconds at Sonoma.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well im sure I can do that! We will see, i'll try both and look at the data with/without paddles and I bet it'll just be a small consistency thing over the course of a session......

For some perspective to anyone who has no idea wtf this car is, my buddy beat the ACR-E's fastest pro lap in it by over 14 seconds at Sonoma.
upload_2021-8-7_9-32-38.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

cheaneyt

Established Member
Love the rear glass decals. LOL!

Those girls are looking mighty nice. Man do I wish I had a lift like that. :(
Thanks . Windows work flawlessly but I leave em up mostly lol. Side exits right under each hand so people can get the idea.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As if my red car wasn't fast enough, I wanted faster, to the tune of 10+ seconds faster, so here's the new girl. Picking it up Sunday.

Ralph Firman F1000. 210hp, 840lbs. And enough speed to smack a Senna driven by Randy Pobst.

I. Cant. Wait.

Now we're talking! Get ready for a whole different driving experience, and braking markers that will make you swear you're going to die.

Mainn

Established Member
Ralph Firman F1000. 210hp, 840lbs. And enough speed to smack a Senna driven by Randy Pobst.

Awesome, congrats! I used to run my Formula Ford through a team who predominately ran Sports Racers/F1000 cars. They're pretty cool pieces of kit, and I have been very tempted to have a test in one in the past - budget not allowing, unfortunately. Super quick machinery though, and being a motorcycle engine that revs to the moon, they sound mega. Just have to make sure you keep on top of maintenance, as I haven't heard fantastic things about their reliability.

Also...unless it's just a fun toy and you much prefer shifting, keep the flatshifter IMO. Part of the charm of a real wings and slicks open-wheeler. Might not be much quicker, if at all, but it'd be a lot more consistent!

On another note, I'm going to be running my FF for the first time in 2 1/2 years at a racing event next month. There's a loooong list of things to fix on it prior. Might grab a pic or two to share (and maybe an onboard after the round) for this thread. Beyond excited for it!!

Users who are viewing this thread