Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

Never_Enough

Established Member
#homohooptie
IMG_20180521_130953_996.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Daily beater

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmm, don't think I've seen yours around here before. Looks cleaner than my daily beater 03

DSC_8764-X3.jpg

I was actually working on installing a ridetech suspension setup on my DTR today, coil overs up front and adj shocks in the rear. Still have to do the pass side tomorrow.

DSC_9012-X3.jpg

DSC_9014-X3.jpg

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Hmm, don't think I've seen yours around here before. Looks cleaner than my daily beater 03

View attachment 1489137

I was actually working on installing a ridetech suspension setup on my DTR today, coil overs up front and adj shocks in the rear. Still have to do the pass side tomorrow.

View attachment 1489138
View attachment 1489139
Have had mine since November. Has a little over 103k on it now. Only mods so far is JLT intake, 4.10 gear, flowmasters with resonator delete tips and tune from Marty.Had a black 03 years ago and always wanted silver. I have been curious about the ride techs. Alot of people say not a good setup if you drive it year round cause there is no protection on the front shocks from salt etc. Mine will be getting torn down soon since I discovered low compression on cylinder 8. Eaton swap will happen while its down also. I have looked at your threads with your DTR car. Awesome car man. I bet the size speed with the eaton is a blast to drive. Couple pics from the FS ad. I need to find time to get some good pics of it.
c1a61aeaca3cd864a6d737548764c466.jpg
18758b2d03b430291bf7d06ffbe36511.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Have had mine since November. Has a little over 103k on it now. Only mods so far is JLT intake, 4.10 gear, flowmasters with resonator delete tips and tune from Marty.Had a black 03 years ago and always wanted silver. I have been curious about the ride techs. Alot of people say not a good setup if you drive it year round cause there is no protection on the front shocks from salt etc. Mine will be getting torn down soon since I discovered low compression on cylinder 8. Eaton swap will happen while its down also. I have looked at your threads with your DTR car. Awesome car man. I bet the size speed with the eaton is a blast to drive. Couple pics from the FS ad. I need to find time to get some good pics of it.

Depending on how crazy you want to go with the eaton swap, if you back it up with a nice exhaust you can make more power with less boost. I'm currently at 440rwhp on a very safe tune and it made 8.8psi on the dyno, used to be 10 until I put the 2 1/2" exhaust on. Already had the headers on pre eaton swap. The setup on there now is enough to blow the stock engine up, I know if I had more fuel it could probably be spun to 500 wheel.

The 6spd is fun, it's been a constant headache because I always second guess my work. I'm about to flush out the mobil 1 ATF and put in some amsoil after doing a lot of reading on this site. My 3rd gear is very notchy when cold and takes a very long time for that to stop, I've read a lot of stories of terminator owners using a magnum having the same problem, amsoil is supposed to be the fix. I will say I do love the .50 6th gear, with 4.10's in the rear I can do over 90mph and hang at 2400rpm whereas a 4R70/75 would put you at 3000+. Realistically though if I had to do it all over again, I probably would have put a built/stalled auto in the car. I put 10,000 miles on the eaton swap in 2 years followed by 1000 miles in 2 + years with the manual trans, I'm still working stuff out related to the swap.

The red car hasn't been a daily in a very long time, I wanted to do the ridetech's mainly because the eaton detroit lowering springs with stock tokico's made it ride like a log wagon. Loved how it looked but hated the ride quality on the highway, the black car with new marauder spec shocks and a 1" drop from a cut factory coil rides much better. I'm looking to keep the same ride height as the eaton springs (27" from ground to top of the wheel well arch) and play around with the rebound to smooth out the ride and compensate for the lower spring rate due to having less air in the rear bags.

One thing I will suggest when you go eaton swap (aside from having a good tuner), consider a real trans cooler. I think the 4R70/75 will survive for a very long time as long as it doesn't overheat. Mine boiled the fluid from soft shifts and second gear was on its way out which is what prompted me to do the 6spd conversion.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Car will get full stainless works exhaust when the blower goes on as well. Plan no more than 10psi since I will still be on the stock short block. If I can get the car around the 450hp mark I will be happy. Also have a killer chiller sitting around I bought for my cobra I planned to toss on for a little help in fighting intake charge temps
Depending on how crazy you want to go with the eaton swap, if you back it up with a nice exhaust you can make more power with less boost. I'm currently at 440rwhp on a very safe tune and it made 8.8psi on the dyno, used to be 10 until I put the 2 1/2" exhaust on. Already had the headers on pre eaton swap. The setup on there now is enough to blow the stock engine up, I know if I had more fuel it could probably be spun to 500 wheel.

The 6spd is fun, it's been a constant headache because I always second guess my work. I'm about to flush out the mobil 1 ATF and put in some amsoil after doing a lot of reading on this site. My 3rd gear is very notchy when cold and takes a very long time for that to stop, I've read a lot of stories of terminator owners using a magnum having the same problem, amsoil is supposed to be the fix. I will say I do love the .50 6th gear, with 4.10's in the rear I can do over 90mph and hang at 2400rpm whereas a 4R70/75 would put you at 3000+. Realistically though if I had to do it all over again, I probably would have put a built/stalled auto in the car. I put 10,000 miles on the eaton swap in 2 years followed by 1000 miles in 2 + years with the manual trans, I'm still working stuff out related to the swap.

The red car hasn't been a daily in a very long time, I wanted to do the ridetech's mainly because the eaton detroit lowering springs with stock tokico's made it ride like a log wagon. Loved how it looked but hated the ride quality on the highway, the black car with new marauder spec shocks and a 1" drop from a cut factory coil rides much better. I'm looking to keep the same ride height as the eaton springs (27" from ground to top of the wheel well arch) and play around with the rebound to smooth out the ride and compensate for the lower spring rate due to having less air in the rear bags.

One thing I will suggest when you go eaton swap (aside from having a good tuner), consider a real trans cooler. I think the 4R70/75 will survive for a very long time as long as it doesn't overheat. Mine boiled the fluid from soft shifts and second gear was on its way out which is what prompted me to do the 6spd conversion.

Recon

Established Member

View attachment 1489137

View attachment 1489138
View attachment 1489139

Have had mine since November. Has a little over 103k on it now. Only mods so far is JLT intake, 4.10 gear, flowmasters with resonator delete tips and tune from Marty.Had a black 03 years ago and always wanted silver. I have been curious about the ride techs. Alot of people say not a good setup if you drive it year round cause there is no protection on the front shocks from salt etc. Mine will be getting torn down soon since I discovered low compression on cylinder 8. Eaton swap will happen while its down also. I have looked at your threads with your DTR car. Awesome car man. I bet the size speed with the eaton is a blast to drive. Couple pics from the FS ad. I need to find time to get some good pics of it. View attachment 1489141View attachment 1489142

Love the marauder’s. I’ve always been curious does the Trilogy Eaton respond to mods like the Terminator Eaton does?

Pick your poison.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Love the marauder’s. I’ve always been curious does the Trilogy Eaton respond to mods like the Terminator Eaton does?

Pick your poison.

I mean pretty much, the trilogy blower is really a magnuson roots blower (MP112), aside from the inlet being different the snout is also different so the trilogy guys can't use say, a billetflow pulley for a cobra.

Otherwise they seem to make about the same power. I think the inlet on those is a bit more of a restriction since it has to snake down at like a 180 degree angle in the back to enter the blower, my car makes more torque than all of my friend's trilogy cars with the same pulley size.

The nice part about these cars since they're 10:1 compression is it's easy to make more power with less boost. Problem is the lack of forged internals so I'm pretty much at the limit for now. I plan on working on better cooling next.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Ugh, Marauders.

A Blue one with 63k miles just went up for sale 2 hours from me for 13,900.

I wanted to go make it happen..
Was supposed to make a 20 hour round trip for a silver one with 80k miles the year before last until the buyer backed out 2 hours before I hit the road.

Edit: 41k miles, $14,500

Users who are viewing this thread