Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
no hard feelings,just looking for info myself, and yes i would have liked a pic of your dynojet sheet to compare to mine but since you don't have it i guess that is not possible, i appreciate your info but at the same time would have liked proof.dynojet is the most used from my prospective and i guess they do put out "higher" numbers and maybe that is why because isn't that what we ultimately want and it is repeatable.

Silver 03 Cobra

jerrytubbs1 said:
I do not mean to be the ass here,but dynojet has been proven to be higher than anyother dyno out there.I mean any with the rollers,not counting the type that pulls the wheels off.I know this for a fact as I listened into a conversation with a dynojet salesman....He plainly stated "we show higher #'s than superflow,mustang, dynameter and all other roller dynos.We know that higher #'s sell better and we want you to have more customers."
That is my first reason for saying that,my second reason is this......We pulled my car on a dynojet and got 491 corrected rwhp and 480 rwtq,then we pulled it on a superflow and got 444 corrected rwhp and 435 rwtq......This is not an opinion,but a fact as proved on my car....I dont want to be flamed for it ,but that truth is the truth.......so then when we done the stage 2,we got 565 and 560 on dynojet,went back to superflow and got 526 and 517 so there is a big diffrence......This was on the same days,temps,humidity and all conditions/factors were the same......Dynojet is good for bragging rights and thats pretty much it.......So that means by the dynojet #'s I have the highest bone stock/with stock mufflers to date......Dont mean to piss on anyone but this is proven.....

1. Bull shit.

2. Wonder why most NASCAR and CART shops use Dynojet?

3. Have you ever heard a salesman that knew the difference between his onw ass and a hole in the ground?

4. These dynos you listed measure dyno in different ways by how they apply resistance. A Dynojet measures HP from the inertia to accelerate a known mass. Do you think a G-Tech works? Ok, it may not be perfect but it's close. It uses the same math equations as a Dynojet. These equations are laws of physics. That's a hell of alot better than "bragging rights". The numbers I see on a Dynojet are right on par for what the cars run on the track. There was a dyno sheet of an 03 Cobra that was put on an engine dyno at the Romeo truck plant at it dynoed 425 HP SAE. Is that anywhere close to the 365 rwhp we are seeing on boenstock 03's. Hum, 365/.85 is, well, 425 HP.

These other dynos are using eddy flow resistance and water type on with starin meters. They all have different conversions. A Mustang Dyno is eddy flow and it's factor is close to 27% so it will dyno less than a Dynojet. They all have different conversions. But, when they are converted they should all be close to the same numbers. All I have to say is NASACAR uses Dynojet.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
fears-I will see can I get a dynojet p/o from the tuner...

See in the last few sentences you plainly stated that dynojet throws a higher#.When dynojet is corrected stp or sae it is still higher than the other dynos.You say bs.....are you saying my car didnt do what I say it did?I was right there and seen it.The dynojet puts down a higher # anyway you look at it,and thats what I was saying.And I dont know why they use dynojet,maybe they want to see higher #'s just like everybody else.Maybe they want the highest #'s for the moneyt they have spent.Maybe dynojet has contributed the most money and thats why they use it.But I bet if they used another dyno it would be lower #'s.....

I'm not trying to say my #'s or fears #'s are better ,I was just trying to let him see the diffrences.Yes his #'s are great no doubt,but just like mine or anyone elses,they will show lower on just about all other dynos.That was just what I was trying to say.And I'm not here to argue,but sometimes debating is the only way to learn somewthing that I may or may have not been wrong about....

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Explain this to me then,because I dont understand......My car right now puts 565 and 565 on the dyno at Evolution performance, but on a dynojet it puts down 630 and 635......

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
not calling bs at all just asked/wanted to see the sheet on it, that's all. see if the shop can email it to you, would just like to lay yours over mine to see how it looks in comparison.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
nascar uses dyno jet because of money. the same reason they use goodyear. the same reason cart uses firestone. its all based on money and contracts.

dynojet, mustang dyno, superflow who really cares. the dyno's are used fur tuning. and once you have your conversion rate for each dyno it really does not matter what dyno your using.

also most if not all of the nascar teams build engines on engine dynos. this is where they gain/lose power. they everything about that engines numbers before it even sniffs a car. and as you say the chasis dyno is the tool they use to check thier conversions(when they compare to the engine dyno).

the dynojet numbers that i have seen with the gt500 have been 440-460. yes 480 is a great pull. does your numbers suprise me no. it had a better tune straight from the factory. also the shop of the pull should have all read outs from prevoius customers. ask them for a printout of a past pull and they should be able to get for you.:rockon:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
jerrytubbs1 said:
Explain this to me then,because I dont understand......My car right now puts 565 and 565 on the dyno at Evolution performance, but on a dynojet it puts down 630 and 635......

i thought evolution used dynojet? what do they use?

bluestreak89

Established Member
chuckstang said:
wow this thread turned for the worse in a hurry.
Guys, his car put down awsome numbers. Shut the F up and quit whinning and saying yours made more or you know someone that made more.
A dyno is a tool for tuning a car, not bragging rights. The 1/4 is for bragging rights.

+1 ,2 and 3

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I think the lowering springs gained you about 20 rwhp.:poke: :lol1:

At least your tracks open so you can prove your cars the fastest. Dyno-Smyno

chuckstang

Established Member
my penis is bigger than yours

this is the bs argument you all are having.
Dynojet is the norm for measuring hp, get over it.

when saleen received my shelby Gt500,they dynoed it,and told me it dynoed at 460/rear-wheel-HP.As the blower heated up on the other dyno runs it lost 10/15-Hp,with the roots blower from ford. They put there twin screw-Lyshon blower on,and were going to run it on the dyno. I'm still waitting to see those #s,of before,and new #s. Does any one know which Dyno Saleen-Mustang-uses. A Dyno-Jet/or what,just courious.Please inform me if you know which dyno saleen uses to dyno there mustangs/S7.
Still good #s,no matter how you look at it,no matter which dyno was used,on his Shelby Gt500.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
when saleen received my shelby Gt500,they dynoed it,and told me it dynoed at 460/rear-wheel-HP.As the blower heated up on the other dyno runs it lost 10/15-Hp,with the roots blower from ford. They put there twin screw-Lyshon blower on,and were going to run it on the dyno. I'm still waitting to see those #s,of before,and new #s. Does any one know which Dyno Saleen-Mustang-uses. A Dyno-Jet/or what,just courious.Please inform me if you know which dyno saleen uses to dyno there mustangs/S7.
Still good #s,no matter how you look at it,no matter which dyno was used,on his Shelby Gt500.
en english por favor.

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
I watched a Shelby get tuned today

I went by RET today to hang out for a little while. There was a Shelby on the dyno, the car had 138 mi. on it. It was completely stock, heres the before/after :coolman:

StockShelby.gif

Mach1Marauder

Banned
Well guys
Here's a no BS dyno figure for a ACTUAL BONE STOCK Shelby about 10 min ago at HPP Racing.
491HP/470TQ SAE

Ford did a great on the tune this time. On the stomp, timing started at 17* and slowly climbed to 23* fairly early and stayed there til the end. The transition form closed loop to open loop was very quick and once in open loop, it maintained 11.6-11.7 A/F all the way. I'm very impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread