Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
that is 8 more degrees of timing than my car produced on a cool socal night. Just doesn't make sense to me. But, as I said; very nice. IRRC, the factory commands 15-17 degrees...so 23 is very strange. Perhaps ford screwed up or somebody is pulling your chain, or perhaps was merely misinformed.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
dgussin1 said:
that is 8 more degrees of timing than my car produced on a cool socal night. Just doesn't make sense to me. But, as I said; very nice. IRRC, the factory commands 15-17 degrees...so 23 is very strange. Perhaps ford screwed up or somebody is pulling your chain, or perhaps was merely misinformed.
:rollseyes :rollseyes
I'm not misinformed, no one is pulling my chain and Ford didn't screw up. The tune is too damn good to be a screw up. I was at the back of the car on the first pull to check for detonation and I had to see the datalog when Manny told me the timing. Maybe you have an early flash.

Jeeeeeez............a kid......no wonder!:bash:

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
I'm not misinformed, no one is pulling my chain and Ford didn't screw up. The tune is too damn good to be a screw up. I was at the back of the car on the first pull to check for detonation and I had to see the datalog when Manny told me the timing. Maybe you have an early flash.

:nonono:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
I'm not misinformed, no one is pulling my chain and Ford didn't screw up.

if ford does not allow the gt500 to leave the factory with more than 17 degrees and this gt500 left the factory at 23 degrees someone indeed messed up.

remember ford does not tune these cars for the most power. they tune them to be within a restricted range in which they feel is both safe and durable. for a gt500 to be at 23 degrees, this is far beyond what ford considers a factory tune!:idea:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ON D BIT said:
if ford does not allow the gt500 to leave the factory with more than 17 degrees and this gt500 left the factory at 23 degrees someone indeed messed up.

remember ford does not tune these cars for the most power. they tune them to be within a restricted range in which they feel is both safe and durable. for a gt500 to be at 23 degrees, this is far beyond what ford considers a factory tune!:idea:
Who says they DON'T allow the cars to leave the factory with more than 17*????? They sure as heck did this one! Maybe they were experimenting that week!I haven't seen a SVT or Ford Official or Tech post up in this thread saying that they don't let them leave that way. LOL!
The damn car is bone friggin stock. What is so dang hard to understand??

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bill:

Please don't insult Dave or any of the others member on this board! We're all here for one purpose and that's to share in the excitement and knowledge of this great vehicle.

I also find it quite odd that a car would come with that kind of timing from the factory. If it was 10 degrees outside and you had all of the doors and windows in the shop open at the time of the tune, that might explain the timing on your car?

We are NOT accusing you of lying to us! All we are saying is, it's NOT the norm to have that kind of timing on a vehicle from the factory. You can certainly put in there, but for it to be delivered like that is very strange. Hopefully we can all find that out someday?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
Who says they DON'T allow the cars to leave the factory with more than 17*????? They sure as heck did this one! Maybe they were experimenting that week!I haven't seen a SVT or Ford Official or Tech post up in this thread saying that they don't let them leave that way. LOL!
The damn car is bone friggin stock. What is so dang hard to understand??

lets look at this logically. to your first question, if ford wanted this type of tune on the gt500(and believe my they tried this and hundreds of other tunes on this blown 5.4) the gt500 would have a hp rating of 560 crank horsepower. do you really believe that ford wants some gt500 to have 500hp crank and some to have 560hp crank? and then make it a lottery for who gets what?
ford wants the tunes and the horsepower output in all the gt500 to be as close as possible. this is all we are saying. a 60hp swing either way is not close.

i have never once questioned the truth in your original statement/s. regardless of having that tune come from the factory or an outside source makes no difference to you, me, or the car itself. all that matters is the car is making that type of horsepower today!:beer:

manOwar

Established Member
I don't have all the details but mine last night made 492 with exhaust only... I will get all the info tomorrow and post it. 491 on a stock tune is hard to believe when 440 has been the average. Could this have been a 3rd gear pull?

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ac427cobra said:
Bill:

Please don't insult Dave or any of the others member on this board! We're all here for one purpose and that's to share in the excitement and knowledge of this great vehicle.

I also find it quite odd that a car would come with that kind of timing from the factory. If it was 10 degrees outside and you had all of the doors and windows in the shop open at the time of the tune, that might explain the timing on your car?

We are NOT accusing you of lying to us! All we are saying is, it's NOT the norm to have that kind of timing on a vehicle from the factory. You can certainly put in there, but for it to be delivered like that is very strange. Hopefully we can all find that out someday?

Bruce
I didn't insult ANYONE on this thread, but I was insulted by someone saying I was "misinformed"or that it was a "tuned car" when I stated that it was a "Bone Stock" car. I read this thread before I posted and made sure to state exactly what occurred and with commonly used correction factor. I wasn't stating an OPINION. I was stating FACTS. The OASIS shows that the only service to the car was a dead battery.

This car was dynoed in Lewisville, Tx yesterday, so there was no 10* weather. LOL!
and No manOwar....there was no third gear pull!:bash:

The car IS bonestock with just under 4K miles. It did dyno at those numbers.

WTH is with you people????:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mach1Marauder said:
Bruce
I didn't insult ANYONE on this thread,

Well Bill:

This looks like an insult to me:

Mach1Marauder said:

Dave is certainly no Kid. He's a hell of a lot younger than I am, but he's still no Kid.

Mach1Marauder said:
I'm not misinformed, no one is pulling my chain and Ford didn't screw up.

It seems to me, that you are the first person out of say 5,000 or so cars delivered, to have 23* timing in your "completely stock/factory delivered" car. There is most likely a story behind it, we just have yet to uncover the mystery.

Mach1Marauder said:
WTH is with you people????:shrug:

Again, I've told you, we are car enthusiasts that have a particular interest in the GT500. When somebody comes in here and tells us something that is NEW to ALL of us, naturally we have questions.

Hope that explains it a little better fo you?!

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ac427cobra said:
Well Bill:

This looks like an insult to me:

Dave is certainly no Kid. He's a hell of a lot younger than I am, but he's still no Kid.

It seems to me, that you are the first person out of say 5,000 or so cars delivered, to have 23* timing in your "completely stock/factory delivered" car. There is most likely a story behind it, we just have yet to uncover the mystery.

Again, I've told you, we are car enthusiasts that have a particular interest in the GT500. When somebody comes in here and tells us something that is NEW to ALL of us, naturally we have questions.

Hope that explains it a little better fo you?!

Dave IS a kid.....22 is a kid! You didn't know everyhing at 22.......but you thought you did! ;) He questioned what I stated about the timing, like it was HEARSAY crap. Hell, I was gonna start a new thread, but found this sticky. I just don't post up bull that I hear, I post FACTS........That's what "no BS dyno figure" means!

You've seen/heard of all 5000 Shelby owners on this site? WOW!:rollseyes

The PIDS check out to be correct. It hasn't been touched since it left the factory, except for replacing the battery. You guys need to just swallow the facts.......no matter how bitter you guys perceive the pill to be.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
this dude has some hostility. Yep, I'm 22. Thanks for pointing that out, since it irrelevant to the facts or points I made...just makes you look silly for attacking me because according to you my opinion is less important because of my lack of years. I suppose the fact that I have been around modular motors for 7 years and have owned 2 03-04 cobra's (heavily modded) and 1 Shelby also should make my opinion irrelevant because I am 22 years old.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
GT500R said:
wait, what happened, im not the only 22 year old shelby owner ? :shrug:
you're the only 22 year old with a STOCK GT500. You have some catching up to do. :read:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
dgussin1 said:
this dude has some hostility. Yep, I'm 22. Thanks for pointing that out, since it irrelevant to the facts or points I made...just makes you look silly for attacking me because according to you my opinion is less important because of my lack of years. I suppose the fact that I have been around modular motors for 7 years and have owned 2 03-04 cobra's (heavily modded) and 1 Shelby also should make my opinion irrelevant because I am 22 years old.
Did I say your opinion was less important because of your age now did I and how in the hell did I attack you?:bash: BTY.....What OPINION did you think I was belittling? Your OPINION that it was a tuned car, when I stated that it was bone stock. Could it be your OPINION that I was MISTAKEN or some one was pulling my leg, when I posted details that the casual observer wouldn't know?
What FACTS did YOU state?
Your youth explains your lack of respect for someone posting FACTS. What would I gain by posting bunk info on this site? It's NOT my car, so it can't be bragging rights. I was posting because I knew that we had a factory freak in hand.
I wouldn't own one now because of the bloated mark up, but it's still an impressive vehicle.
I'm not going into how funny it is that a 22yr old says that he has "been around modular motors for 7 years", but thanks for the really nice chuckle.:thumbsup: :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread