Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Finally have my 2011 GT500 dyno tune this Thursday morning. Should have been done last year but my McLeod RXT 1000 clutch slip so have to install a new clutch this year. Mods are listed below:

- 100% stock 2011 GT500 long block with stock camshaft.

- KB 3.6 LC with custom designed and 3D printed inlet manifold.

- KB dual 75mm throttle body with machine ported inlet for improving air flow.

- Custom designed and 3D printed 136mm CAI. Still hasn't try my custom design 148mm CAI (AKA 148 mm Gatling Gun)

- KB Bigun intercooler with modified 1" inlet and outlet water tubes / manifold by J2Fab. Custom designed and 3D printed aluminum inlet & outlet I/C water tubes

- Custom machined lower intake manifold for Bigun intercooler and remove rear block off section.

- Old style (the Original) VMP dual pass HE with modified 1" inlet and outlet - not the later VMP triple pass design.

- American Racing 1-7/8" LT header with off road H pipe and Corsa sport muffler.

- ID 1000cc injector with VMP pump booster.

- X-clutch Triple disc clutch and flywheel assembly (15 lbs. lighter than stock clutch flywheel assembly) - Thanks James for letting me use your place to install this new clutch. I had the McLeod RXT Twin Disc before, but it slips pretty bad.

- 13/14 carbon Fiber driveshaft - I think the stock CF driveshaft is toasted after this dyno tune session as I can feel the vibration at highway speed while heading home.

- 93 octane pump gas with Boostane - Boost starts at 17psi @ 3000 RPM and reach 20psi @ 5500 RPM. Then peak @ 22psi at the end of the pull at 6600 RPM.

- 19 to 20 degree timing - I can put 1-2 more degree to squeeze out more.

Final dyno results:
* 840 RWHP SAE corrected
* 700 RWTQ SAE corrected

Torque seems kind of little low when compare to the newer 2650 TVS S/C. My pervious VMP Gen II 2.3 TVS (NOT the Gen II-R) made the same 700 RWHP / 700 RWTQ.

The KB Bigun I/C with the 1" I/C mod by J2Fab couple with my custom 3D printed 1" I/C water tubes works very well. The temperature different between IAT vs. IAT-2 is only 11 *F at the end of the pull @ 6600 RPM.

The fuel pressure stays strong and steady during the pulls.

If this is a 13/14 GT500 the final result would be at least 870 RWHP due to 0.4 more displacement, 9 to 1 higher compression ratio (07 to 12 has 8.4 to 1 compression ratio), and 1mm more lift camshaft from the Ford GT.

Maybe next winter (not this coming one) install a set of L&M NSR camshaft.

View attachment 1765271

View attachment 1765272
Cool and nice custom intake but who designed it with the GT500 backwards?

Poisonous West

Established Member
Cool and nice custom intake but who designed it with the GT500 backwards?
I designed the 136mm CAI back in 2014. I was rushed to finish the 3D CAD model so the guy at the printing shop can 3D printed for me at NO cost. I later found out the GT500 letters was backward but it's too late since the printing process started already.

I now have a newer 148mm CAI designed with everything label correctly. Since my KB inlet manifold incorporated GT500 letters already. So this time just missing the Shelby letters and the checker flag pattern.

1665976339378.png

1665976385662.png

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great results Kam!
That’s a seriously custom s/c inlet and CAI engineered for performance. Between those and the cooling mods, your car should maintain that power repeatedly.
Lift is open if you need to inspect the shaft.
Glad the tune went well, will be an excellent power level on those new sticky 345s.
Congrats buddy
-J

Users who are viewing this thread