Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I went to JMS (JMSChip.com) today and had my car dyno'd.

Temp was 94 degrees with 39% humidity. Bone stock i made 410/395 which was quite disapointing, but i'm sure the lower numbers had to do with the heat and humidity.
Then we put the 2.6 pulley, idler and intake/mass air/air filter on and re-dyno'd and made 525/517. at which time i was somewhat happier.
I plan on re dyno tuning after exhaust.

Update: Added Steggy Ported Eaton, 10% OD lower Pulley (16 psi now), ford motorsport catback.

Kept tune really safe until i get heat exchanger, but still made: 576 rwhp/567 tq.

Afco Heat Exchanger and retune up next!

Last edited:

1badKebra

Established Member
my friend who was incidentally in the stock terminator vs. stock gt500 video a few weeks back dyno'd at 449/443 on a dynojet with a pypes mid-muffler catback only

radaman

Established Member
I love my fords, but it's sad to see a stock 07 z06 dyno 450+rwhp n/a and a bolt on GT500 doing around 500rw, give or take a few. I guess thats why we can always throw on a 3.4 whipple, TT, KB or centri to make more pwr, but so can the chevy boys. Weight is thine enemy here...

chuckstang

Established Member
radaman, your an idiot

GT500 under good weather makes about 450rwhp stock, thats what mine did

With just a CAI/tune, made 515rwhp

Shut the f*** up

chuckstang

Established Member
By the way how much power is your mach 1 making with all those mods?
probably alot of ls1's giving you trouble eh

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
my numbers come from a dynojet 563.94hp 563.71tq 49degrees f. humidity47 % jeerytubbs told me that was great numbers for a stage 2 because his stage 4 only did appox. 565/565 what he didn't mention was on a dynojet it was 630/635 so I geuss what I'm saying is I'm getting a STAGE4

vnmouss1

Shelby GT500 Dyno #"s

Just Dynoed my Shelby GT500 about 2 weeks ago. All that I have changed was the magnaflow catback exhaust with 3" pipes. It Dynoed @ 416 rwhp.

dohcsvt

Established Member
08 GT500 with about 800 miles on the clock. I installed a JLT CAI and the requisite tune and saw 498 rwhp and 477 rwtq. This was up from 435 rwhp with 400 miles on the clock. I am thuroughly pleased!

asperformance

Banned
Pulley and CAI and Tune, Hot off the Street with no Coll down time, Put Down 506 RWHP and 497Torque, I think with an hour of cool down Should have been in the 530 RWHP range, we all know how the Blower hates the heat Soak.

GarageLogic

Established Member
Mine is stock other than the Stage III KB kit. These numbers are with the canned KB "street" tune and 3.25 upper (~13.5lbs of boost).

KenneBellGT5003_1_08.jpg

sprint200

Established Member
Many may know that my car is extensively modified. Those mods, however, had been limited to the suspension with the exception of a VMP tune and muffler delete.

Early last month I installed the C&L intake along with VMP's stock appearance 2.65" pulley and 91 octane tune. The SOTP index factor was big. But as everyone is aware, it loses a bit of "oomph" as it gets hot. Shortly after installing the parts we dyno'd the car (sorry, no stock baseline). The results were pretty good, knowing that the numbers are all relative to multiple factors down to and even including on which version of software the runs are being viewed.

The predictable thing that we noticed was the drop in power from the first run to the last.

Here's a shot of teh graphs from that dyno session.

beforeportep0.png

Shot at 2008-04-23

Then PSE Superchargers took the blower and ported it (no stage 1 or stage 2 stuff....they only port one way.....complete). The car was back together just in time to load it up and take it to the Lone Star Round Up down in College Station. Two days on the track told me that the power loss from heat soak were not as pronounced. But I had to wait due to work load and weather before getting the car back to the dyno.

Here are those results

afterportjd3.png

Shot at 2008-04-23

Note that the second run produced more power than the first and the drop off on the third pull is very slight. There were only 7 to 8 minutes between runs during both the before and after sesions with NO other cooling aids besides a couple of fans on the nose. Both sesions were with the hood closed and the temperatures & barometric pressures were almost identical.

Also, there were NO other modifications besides the porting. NO change in the tune, pulley, h/e........etc.

I have a spread sheet showing the intake temperatures and the charge air temp's somewhere and can't find it right now, but I'll post that when I find it. But the bottom line was that the charge air temp's dropped by an average of 13 degrees after the port. IIRC they never got above 112 deg F even on the last pull.

I've got all the digital files from the runs, but I'm not "tech-savvy" enough to know what to do with them.

I'll still change out the s/c heat exchanger for those August afternoons here in Oklahoma, but it's not nearly the issue it was before the port.

Thanks PSE and Ed! Job well done.:beer::thumbsup:

QtrFlsh

Established Member
Looks like Ed's porting WORKS!!! Can't wait to get my stocker in and see what the porting does for it?! Cooler charge and much more consistent power is always a plus!!!

Users who are viewing this thread