Potential M6 vs GT 500

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
M6 owner wants to "drag my ass down the highway"

I "think" he is stock but I'm not sure. No mods listed in his sig.

Stock M6 are 5.0 liter V10 with 7 speed and run about 12.3 and can top out at 202 mph with limiter off. I would prefer to run at a track [personally I don't think he has a real chance] then if he feels he has a real chance run for money on the road if not then all is good. My mods and dyno sheet are in my sig. I'll also be running a 75 shot NANO nitrous which should make an additional 100hp. A 800 hp GT 500 with 3.73 gears is also capable of 200mph. What do you think.

Last edited:

Black01Vert

Established Member
If he is stock you should take him easily, Although from what I've seen they do respond well to mods.

My money is on the gt500, definitely worth a video:rockon:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It won't even be a race..:shrug: I mean even if he had full bolt-ons and cams you would still win with the power you're making. I will say this though, they're monsters up-top due to a huge gearing advantage on most cars. Once you shift into 5th our T56/TR6060 equipped Mustangs, Fbodys, Corvettes and Vipers fall on their face in comparison to the 7spd in the M5&M6.

If he knows anything about his car he will want to race you from a high mph rolling start, but even then it sounds like he has no clue just how big of a power advantage you have.

Get it on video! :beer:

stryker9

Established Member
I have a friend with one and this guy knows he has no chance from a dig. They are fast from a roll but unless he's running a big shot it won't be a race.

CLK GT500

Established Member
M6 owner wants to "drag my ass down the highway"

I "think" he is stock but I'm not sure. No mods listed in his sig.

Stock M6 are 5.0 liter V10 with 7 speed and run about 12.3 and can top out at 202 mph with limiter off. I would prefer to run at a track [personally I don't think he has a real chance] then if he feels he has a real chance run for money on the road if not then all is good. My mods and dyno sheet are in my sig. I'll also be running a 75 shot NANO nitrous which should make an additional 100hp. A 800 hp GT 500 with 3.73 gears is also capable of 200mph. What do you think.

does he even know your mods and what you are making? if he does then he is probably not stock. but if he is stock/lightly modded what makes him think that this will even be close?

F8l Vnm

Established Member

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Man, FastOldGuy loves to start shit on the BMW forums haha, that is awesome.

Please tell me some of those dumbasses have tried to race you.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Hey,op stop talking nitrous and all that stuff and just race the guy. You probibly have enough hp to beat him as it is. Smack talk is cheap just let yout car do the talkin.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
Those M6 guys sure don't like mustang guys, lol. I read almost that whole post of you bitching back and forth. Honestly you know you would walk him on the track, but, as they keep saying, M6's aren't track cars nor do they claim to be. Whatever you do, get it on tape.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
here is everything i know about an M6 off the top of my head they are a 5.0L V10 with 500hp and 383tq they weigh 4,098lbs. i have heard on other forums that a full exhaust on them will make an additional 50rwhp over stock and with bolt ons intake, exhaust, tune they will put down around 500-510rwhp even if this guy is making almost or over 500rwhp that is a lot of weight to move!

if i had to bet on it my money would be on the GT500

EDIT: saw the post's on M5board, please shut them up :D

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
on a side note i saw a vid on youtube one time of a new CTS-V (550hp version) owning an M5 and those cars weigh about the same. M5 owner gut butt hurt :)

if a supercharged C6 LS2-LS3 vette can do this- [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDmbyJgk90w&feature=related"]YouTube- M6(modded) VS SC C6 VETTE[/ame]

guy claimed the vette makes around 560rwhp

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Ohh yes....
Seems as if Mr olefastguy is quite popular with the BMW guys...lmao...
They love him there ...:pepper:

Sorry Mr. M6 - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

Lmao...:lol:

Yeah I'm as popular as a turd in a punch bowl over there. Its funny they all started smack talking first. I just don't think I have any reason to back down. I'd prefer a track but I think I'd win a one mile dig I doubt they would ever catch up in a mile even if their top end were a little faster.. Plus my car should be as fast top end +- 5 mph.If we roll it WILL be on tape. I have tried to be as factual as possible they just don't want to here facts. Their "King of the road" attitudes are funny. I especially like the you don't have one because you can't afford one insinuation. :lol1: Pretty funny.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
the funny part is those suckers tout the m6 as a highway king, go as far to say that drag racing is lame and road racing is where its at, but if you check car and drivers lightning lap at VIR the bmw M6 is 3 seconds slower then the gt500 and weird thing is its the 2010 that slower then '07 gt500... (maybe the '10 gt500 wasnt broken in yet) :shrug:
http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezf...lication/0bdac1a2dd935c9bfe7b0c75bda77559.xls

bmw m6's arent even impressive, bmw owners are morons and for 100k you bet your ass i wouldnt be anywhere NEAR a bummer dealership.

1993R

Established Member
My business partner just picked up an 07 M6. It's 5.7 liters and 500 hp in the M sport mode and manual shift. He is adding a Turner Motor-sports air intake and underive pulley. Should put him in the 600 hp range. It's a very nice car and there are now a few mods.Top speed with limiter off is right @ 200 mph.Shelby should take it if he gets some traction but it may end up being closer than you think.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
M6 are 5.0 liter 507hp engines unless it is a stroker which are extremely expensive. They are great cars however. I do think that he will be very disappointed when he dyno' the car . Most likely he will make less than 540 whp from what I have seen. Unless you rate hp differently in Scotland.

Last edited:

DE07GT

Established Member
Sounds like a lot of BMW owners that I met when I had my 07 GT. Every BMW driver I ever raced in my old car couldn't drive at all. Some guido in a brand new 335i tried to impress his girlfriend by racing me last summer. I still had stock 3.31s and that didn't even stop me from pulling on him.
Gotta be the cockiest people around...even worse than the 16 year-olds that get a Mustang or Camaro and automatically think they can beat everything.
In the mind of BMW owners like the ones in that thread, they always think they automatically win just because their car costs a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread