Power by the Hour- The Real Deal.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
This is not a leading question. Is MPR really that good? Would you let him build a Terminator motor for a turbo build?

_Snake_

Established Member
I haven’t used MPR, but they’d be my first stop if I needed a motor. I’ve heard only positive things about them, which says a lot in their line of work.

Flcracker

Established Member
They will be building my short block soon. Nothin crazy. Just rods and pistons. Should be fun on E85 with a T56. Yeeeeehaaaaaaw. Damn, I can't wait!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
This is not a leading question. Is MPR really that good? Would you let him build a Terminator motor for a turbo build?
I don't see why not, they know mod motors very well. Tim was great to deal with, answered all my questions and makes you feel like you are a valued customer. All I had them build is a forged coyote motor nothing crazy expensive and he always remembered right away who I was when I called.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Flcracker

Established Member
Dropped the car off at Power by the Hour today. They are pulling the motor and delivering it to MPR where it will be sleeved, billet rods, custom Diamond pistons, head refresh, etc. Then it’s going back to PBH to be reinstalled, and they are putting a VMP Gen 3 on top. I’m retuning the 160mm throttle body and picking up a Kenne Bell 168, so I can make over 1,000 whp. I also got 15 psi and 19 psi pulleys as well as a Hasty bracket. I’ll post up pictures and numbers at some point. I’m pretty stoked.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Dropped the car off at Power by the Hour today. They are pulling the motor and delivering it to MPR where it will be sleeved, billet rods, custom Diamond pistons, head refresh, etc. Then it’s going back to PBH, and they are installing a VMP Gen 3. I’m retuning the 160mm throttle body and picking up a Kenne Bell 168, so I can make over 1,000 whp. I also got 15 psi and 19 psi pulleys as well as a Hasty bracket. I’ll post up pictures and numbers at some point. I’m pretty stoked.
Wow,....pretty awesome man!
Definitely keep us posted.

Flcracker

Established Member
FAF6C3B2-7D5C-4656-A19A-212464D97F7A.jpeg
What does the Hasty Bracket do?
It helps prevent belt slippage when running high boost.View attachment 1507937
Dropped the car off at Power by the Hour today. They are pulling the motor and delivering it to MPR where it will be sleeved, billet rods, custom Diamond pistons, head refresh, etc. Then it’s going back to PBH to be reinstalled, and they are putting a VMP Gen 3 on top. I’m retuning the 160mm throttle body and picking up a Kenne Bell 168, so I can make over 1,000 whp. I also got 15 psi and 19 psi pulleys as well as a Hasty bracket. I’ll post up pictures and numbers at some point. I’m pretty stoked.[/QUOTE
What does the Hasty Bracket do?[/QUOTE

The Hasty bracket helps to prevent/ reduce belt slippage at high boost.
I believe it accomplishes this by moving the pulleys closer together.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Dropped the car off at Power by the Hour today. They are pulling the motor and delivering it to MPR where it will be sleeved, billet rods, custom Diamond pistons, head refresh, etc. Then it’s going back to PBH to be reinstalled, and they are putting a VMP Gen 3 on top. I’m retuning the 160mm throttle body and picking up a Kenne Bell 168, so I can make over 1,000 whp. I also got 15 psi and 19 psi pulleys as well as a Hasty bracket. I’ll post up pictures and numbers at some point. I’m pretty stoked.

follow MPR on instagram and you might see your motor being built. They did the motor for my Mach, nice guys. Hell I facebook messaged Tim on a Sunday when I couldnt find the oil he recommended and he gave me an alternative like 5 minutes later if that

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I see, thanks for the explanation. As it is now I don't have belt slip as far as I know.
I wish someone would come up with a bracket that would allow us to change belts without removing that large bracket on the front of the motor.

Flcracker

Established Member
What kind of turn around time is Tim telling you?
I was told something like “next week Tim will be sleeving motors.” Lol. I’m pretty sure that I could get a more definitive answer if I really had to know. Some guys are saying it could take 6 to 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread