Power estimate

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Im looking at buying an 01 lightning with 40k miles but the guy never had it dynoed after he bought it ao im just wanting a rough estimate with its specific mods. Mods are

Built motor
Magnum power supercharger 14lbs
Comp stage 2 cam
Intake
X pipe/flowmaster catback
stall converter/shift kit

I know its kind of bland, I dont know exactly everything, im going to look at it wednesday and pay for it as long as its as described. Just kind of wondering around what it will put down.

Dusten

Established Member
depending on heads and fuel system 450-510 is my guess. Thats not much boost for an MP.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
not alot of boost for an MP, my estimate is 440hp/550trq for a stock head/headers. Spin it upwards of 18lbs and will break 500hp. If on 14lbs he may be on stock fuel setup

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I see 14lbs on my mp... but i have TF heads, and no cats. Im pullied for about 16-17lbs

owens42

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing and I have the same set up but I have a stock eaton pushing 14lbs
6# lower Stock upper
Long tubes w/ bassani cat back
SCT big air MAF
JLT CAI
Morosso oil pan and heat exchange
Mild Patriot performance cams
.030 bore
3 Angle Competition Valve Job
Stock PI heads

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Im looking at buying an 01 lightning with 40k miles but the guy never had it dynoed after he bought it ao im just wanting a rough estimate with its specific mods. Mods are

Built motor
Magnum power supercharger 14lbs
Comp stage 2 cam
Intake
X pipe/flowmaster catback
stall converter/shift kit

I know its kind of bland, I dont know exactly everything, im going to look at it wednesday and pay for it as long as its as described. Just kind of wondering around what it will put down.

Since you are on stock heads, and running low boost for the MP... I'll guess about 440 at the whels, and something in the 520-530 area for torque.

I was wondering the same thing and I have the same set up but I have a stock eaton pushing 14lbs
6# lower Stock upper
Long tubes w/ bassani cat back
SCT big air MAF
JLT CAI
Morosso oil pan and heat exchange
Mild Patriot performance cams
.030 bore
3 Angle Competition Valve Job
Stock PI heads

I'd guess your combo would be somewhere in the 415-420 range with torque somewhere around 500.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
It has a 2.75 upper and 6lb lower, is that about right for around 14lbs? Im still learning when it comes to lightnings. I know just a 2.79 on a cobra is around 14lbs

Dusten

Established Member
It has a 2.75 upper and 6lb lower, is that about right for around 14lbs? Im still learning when it comes to lightnings. I know just a 2.79 on a cobra is around 14lbs

i run that combo and see 14lbs with better flowing heads...
that combo should be 9ish over stock on a stock motor.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Im thinking it may have headers or be catless, the guy who owns it doesnt know much about it. Everything was done before he bought it.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I would tell him to take it to a dyno and see what the AF ratio looks like before you buy it, unless it has a wideband. With those mods, i can't see it having stock fuel pumps. Even built doesn't mean indestructible.

Users who are viewing this thread