Power estimates on coming build

Sluggie24

Established Member
I recently purchased an 03 termi engine complete. Came with a 2.75 pulley and a belt wrap pulley but otherwise stock. Plan is to tear it down, rebuild it with some upgrades and put it into my sons 03 GT auto.(auto is already built to take power but will have to upgrade to a multi clutch converter)

I'm looking for some educated guesses on what the power might be with my planned mods which will be...

.020 over with 9.5-9.7 compression forged pistons
Slight clean up porting on heads but nothing major with 3 angle valve job
MHS stage 1 blower cams
Mac long tubes with off road h pipe(only headers that will fit around auto from what I can tell)(he already has flow master cat back)
Unsure of t body yet but one will be going on, up for advice(is the acufab mono blade and elbow worth the $ on a stock blower?)
CAI

Not looking to go too crazy with the build but while it's being built I want to put a bit more power into it. One day down the road he might want to upgrade the blower.

decipha

Established Member
~500 you may want to considrer upgrading the blower now

be sure your tuner knows its a higher compression engine the 4Vs mbt drops dramatically with compression

I couldnt even tell you how many higher compression 03/04 cobras have come to me for retunes that have picked up 40+ hp by pulling 8-12 degrees of timing at WOT. I can only assume the previous tuner wasnt aware it was a high compression engine. So be sure you let them know.

Sluggie24

Established Member
Around 500 is what I was guessing.

He will be going from a 240 rwhp 2v to this. A better blower would be too much of a jump I think. (Not to mention a big chunk of $) He can drive it with the stock blower for a few years and if he wants more power then he can upgrade down the road.

I'm going to be talking to my tuner before the engine builder orders pistons to verrify what he recommends. I was thinking with the higher compression we wouldn't have to push the blower too hard to make good power. Or would it be better to only do 9:1 and bump the boost a bit? It's a DD street car.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Stick with the 9.5-9.7 compression. It'll be a good setup. I have a stock motor/trans/rearend Mach 1 (10.0:1 compression) with a Vortech at 12psi, 3600 Circle D single disk converter, modified valve body, and o/r x pipe. The car made 508rwhp and ran an 11.19 last Friday at full weight of 3,660lbs. That's about what your setup will make power wise.

Users who are viewing this thread