Praise the Ford!...I mean Lord!!

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
I was in the showroom when I saw the gm I ordered my truck from and found out it will be here Jan 27!!
I got oxford white. I plan on painting the grills white too and putting on the 3M invisible bra kit on it. Criticism is welcome. Any suggestions?

alex218

Established Member
I am a new member to this website. I am looking at a 2001 Lightning and had some quetions. Alright my friend has a 99 L and he went through 2 transmissions in 1 month and then was driving and shot a spark plug out of the head. I was wondering if it has happened to anyone else or if his tuck is just a lemon but he can spin the tires doing 55mph so its not slow but I don't know anyone else with a lightning so I didn't know if they all had that much power or his just has a lot of suff done to it

ND4SPDSHO

Established Member
Welcome to both of you.

Post pics when you get it Dpres!

Alex....has your friend modified his truck at all? Getting his tires to spin @ 55mph takes some toll on the drivetrain. Tell him to look into the line valve mod from JDM. And then tell him to quit doing that so he doesn't blow his truck to bits ;)

The spark plug blowing out could've been just from the spark plug working its way loose. It happened to my sister's old Cavalier.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Welcome to both of you. My buddy has a 99 and he blew a plug also. His is bone stock. Ford had a problem with loose plugs. I have an 01 with no problems yet. I'm now knocking on the wooden table. :beer:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Welcome to both of you. My buddy has a 99 and he blew a plug also. His is bone stock. Ford had a problem with loose plugs. I have an 01 with no problems yet. I'm now knocking on the wooden table. :beer:

Is it true wood or that sorry woodchip stuff like cheap Comp. tables are made of.:rolleyes: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread