Pre-Order List for New A-Pillar Pods!

hdsupercrewf150

Established Member
Alan do you guys know the color for my 03 Zinc Yellow Convert? I haven't driven it for awhile and I'm not sure if its Charcoal? I'm not to good with colors. Once I find out I'll order. Hopefully it'll go out with your monday delivery. Thanks!

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by hdsupercrewf150
Alan do you guys know the color for my 03 Zinc Yellow Convert? I haven't driven it for awhile and I'm not sure if its Charcoal? I'm not to good with colors. Once I find out I'll order. Hopefully it'll go out with your monday delivery. Thanks!

if you are by your car, look on the driver door or door jam where the sticker is. It shows a interior listing. Mine is MW which is the dark charcoal they call it. Find that code and call the dealer and see if they can help you. I called svt to verify.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
HD, he's right in telling you to check your driver's door sticker. The interior code on his car is MW, but I'll bet on your 03 it will say M2. Either way, it is indicating the dark charcoal or graphite color. That's my bet, let me know...

Alan

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
And they're off!

HD, after I replied I realized we did some prototype work on an 03 yellow vert. It's charcoal, that's what you need to specify.

Some really humid and stormy conditions made our dying process a little more interesting. The parts came out very well, but took a little longer than I thought.

Everyone who has placed an order up to now has their pillar on the way. It was dropped at FEDEX this afternoon. I look forward to hearing some feedback when they start popping up on doorsteps soon.

Here's a couple pics from today, just thought I'd share in our excitement.

Oh, and thanks guys.

Alan

firstship1.jpg

firstship2.jpg

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
It's been a busy past few days, but here's an update to keep everyone up to speed:

Everyone who has ordered a pillar has had the order processed, the parts dyed, and the packages have shipped out. You should have an email at the address you gave in the order with the FedEx tracking information.

2004 coupe pillars are now in extremely short supply. If you have one of these (the > shape pillar, see previous posts) you should definitely contact me to ensure they are not yet sold out prior to placing your order. We're working to ramp up inventory in this part, but they may sell out prior to replacements arriving. You'll hear this news here first.

If you have the previous style, or flatter pillar, we're still in good shape.

If you have a vert, order with abandon! We are in good supply on this part.

Response has been very good, and I can't thank those of you who ordered enough (this also includes those who told me they plan to order at a later date). Hopefully, all the pillars will make their journey safely and arrive at their new home in the next couple days.

When you get your part, PM me or use this thread to ask any questions you may have regarding the install or anything else. And take pics! We are adding a section for install photos, so send them in.

Thanks again,

Alan :beer:

Last edited:

nothing

nothing
Established Member
what gauges is everyone planning on installing?

i am definately going with the lunar series and a vac/boost
but i can't decide on what other gauge i want/need

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by nothing
what gauges is everyone planning on installing?

i am definately going with the lunar series and a vac/boost
but i can't decide on what other gauge i want/need
When I get some de nero I am gonna get the vac/boost and this

BLK_03

Established Member
Got my pod today. Awesome piece!!!! Well worth the wait.

I am putting lunar series boost and fuel pressure in. I plan on taking pics and posting an install step by step....

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
BLK_03, that is so exciting! I'm looking forward to your write up, and don't forget to send me some pics for our site.

Got some questions for you:

Did the box hold up well in shipping, or show any signs of rough handling? Just curious to see if our packaging is sufficient.

Have you checked the color match against your car's factory piece? It should be almost (if not completely) dead on, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Here's a quick piece of advice for everyone getting the pillar, and it might save you from a moment of frustration during the install:

The gauges (especially the top bullet) are going to fit pretty tight. Please fight the urge to put the gauge all the way into the bullet until you are wired up and ready to complete the install. You'll notice the top bullet has a small rivet just inside the opening. This rivet helps hold the gauge firmly, and on some models it can be tough to simply pull the gauge out with using a small tool to pry it back out. Once fully seated, that gauge won't be falling out!

This is covered in the installation manual, but I thought an extra word about it won't hurt anyone. I mention this to avoid someone trying to pull the gauge back out with too much force and possibly breaking the bullet free from the main pillar. This is why I wrote about supporting the bullet with one hand while you work the gauge into place with the other. It's doubtful you'll have any problems, but try to use more finese and less force for this part of the install and it's no worries.

Great to see you got your pillar! I couldn't be more excited for you. Hope to see some others chime in over the next day or so.

Alan

Last edited:

RedCobraFire

Established Member
I would like one as well. I'm very interested in one. Any idea as to how long the wait is if you didn't get in on the pre-order? Thanks

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Dave,

The order page is "hidden" from view allowing those on the group pre-order list first crack at the initial offering.

The price is $119 plus freight, and will increase to the 139-149 range for regular retail once we lift the pre-order period and make the order page public access.

If there are some people watching this who were not on the list, feel free to chime in now, and dependent upon supply I can get you in at the discounted rate. Svtperformance has been a great support for this product and its development, and we're more than willing to show our gratitude by taking care of its members.

Oh, and Dave, check your PM.

Thanks,

Alan

BLK_03

Established Member
Alan,

The box did just fine. No damage during shipping.

The color of the pod is almost as you say "dead on". If I ABSOLUTELY HAD to find something wrong with this product, the only thing I could come up with is the color is BARELY darker than my factory pillar. I'll have pics in the write up of yours next to the stocker and I'm willing to bet you won't even be able to tell.

Fit and finish is top notch! :beer:

Vitese and I were talking over the phone and were both very impressed!!!

Breathe that sigh of relief brother, it's perfect.:-D

Last edited:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
That sigh of relief just occurred...a big one!

I guess Vitese got his today as well? Haven't heard from him yet.

On the subject of color:

I'm not totally shocked the color does not 110% perfectly match, as the factory pieces I've seen also vary slightly. On top of that, these parts spend their lives in the windshield. Despite the heat and UV resistant properties of polypropylene, there can be some fading, slight as it may be. I bet when the part goes in the car and is in close proximity to the other charcoal parts (dash/door panels/etc) it won't be noticeable to any casual observer.

So glad you like the part. I have almost no fingernails left waiting for the responses once these parts showed up. Sleep will come a little easier tonight. Thank you.

Alan

adam

Established Member
Yes, The product is priceless....

Simply Awesome..... and worth the cost and wait.

I had other companies pillars (no need to mention names)
and the quality and overall look, no where compares to your pillar.

You did a awesome job and should start pounding yourself on the back now with the work you have done with this product.

I look forward to what your next upgrade might possibly be!!

I am going over to BLK_03's house on Thursday night to install mine. I will post some car pics and also pics of the pillar installed!!

Thanks for the product and service Alan

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Thank you for believing in us. Your responses make every moment of the process worthwhile.

I'll be looking forward to your install pics. When you are over there, get BLK_03 (and yourself) to take some daylight pics if you can. No rush, just send them when you get them. Perhaps the holiday weekend will afford you the time to shoot a few.

Best of luck on the install, and don't forget you've got my number if you need a hand.

Alan

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
Alan,
I've been following this thread and wasn't sure until now that I wanted to put this on my car, is there any way I can get on the pre-order list now or do I have to wait for the "official" release? Thanks.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread