Precisely Why RWD Supercars Have No Chance On The Street!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Skip to 10:00 and watch the Mclaren embarrass himself. Low profile tires on RWD cars is a spinfest on the street and u know he came prepared with the stickiest tire he could manage on that car.

That Mustang was moving out tho!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I'd hardly call running 9s on the street on stock tires embarrassing. Brooks doesn't seem to have issues on the street?

Perhaps the driver in the vid you posted was not familiar with how to get the car down on the road. IMO the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times being put down by some of these low profile wearing cars is crazy (911 Turbo S, 720S, 765 LT, SF90).

blk02edge

Established Member
Has anyone actually fit a DR on a 720s or similar? Because yea, a tire built for a road course doesn't hook for shit. The McLaren's somewhat make up for it with incredible programming but imagine the capability with far more mechanical grip

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Has anyone actually fit a DR on a 720s or similar? Because yea, a tire built for a road course doesn't hook for shit. The McLaren's somewhat make up for it with incredible programming but imagine the capability with far more mechanical grip
Brooks is an R888r fan. He has run them on the 765 and as I recall, it didn't go any faster. His 720 did go fastest on the R888. Not sure why people keep saying these tires don't hook for shit when he's putting down 0-60 times that would embarrass most 9 second cars on the street, lol.

Keep in mind these cars usually come with Cup 2Rs or similar, so they are plenty sticky.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'd hardly call running 9s on the street on stock tires embarrassing. Brooks doesn't seem to have issues on the street?

Perhaps the driver in the vid you posted was not familiar with how to get the car down on the road. IMO the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times being put down by some of these low profile wearing cars is crazy (911 Turbo S, 720S, 765 LT, SF90).

was hoping someone would post this video

watched that vid last night @GNBRETT - that guy cant drive that car worth a shit. RWD can be made to work on the street. smh.

but we all know you wont post again in this thread to discuss, eh?

blk02edge

Established Member
Brooks is an R888r fan. He has run them on the 765 and as I recall, it didn't go any faster. His 720 did go fastest on the R888. Not sure why people keep saying these tires don't hook for shit when he's putting down 0-60 times that would embarrass most 9 second cars on the street, lol.

Keep in mind these cars usually come with Cup 2Rs or similar, so they are plenty stick
Road course sticky is very different than drag sticky. There is absolutely no way a good DR wouldnt gain substantial time over what comes on the McLaren's. An R888R is not a drag tire or even a good tire in general.

My guess is we haven't seen them due to size availability.

Jefe

Established Member
Why is everyone keeping their hands on the cars while staging and during launch? Was hoping for some injuries but no luck

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i thought Mclaren traction control was usually spot on?? Never seen one do this, they just usually squat and go…straight to the point

badmpg03

Established Member
I'd bet money his traction control was on. You can hear his revs come up on LC then dies off. Also looks like his R/T was better
I've seen a couple from a dig on an unprepped street. They launch hard....but he probably wasn't catching that boss

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I love how people make excuses for cars that cant get down the road on the street. Makes me lol literally! Maybe if Brooks was there racing he would have done better. He wasn't.

Going high 9's isn't gonna cut it in a street race with cars that are actually fast! This aint ROLL - RACING!

Cash day cars are 7 and 8 second cars normally that can actually HOOK on the street vs. this which was embarrassing to say the least.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I don't think there were excuses made. Just pointing out that just because its a low profile street tire doesn't automatically mean it won't work. That guy embarrassed himself for sure. That shouldn't be a reflection of how all similar cars will perform.

blk02edge

Established Member
I love how people make excuses for cars that cant get down the road on the street. Makes me lol literally! Maybe if Brooks was there racing he would have done better. He wasn't.

Going high 9's isn't gonna cut it in a street race with cars that are actually fast! This aint ROLL - RACING!

Cash day cars are 7 and 8 second cars normally that can actually HOOK on the street vs. this which was embarrassing to say the least.
Why does a genuine discussion of why always have to be labelled an excuse? Lol.

gofast15

Established Member

Damn , you failed pretty bad here .They are racing 1/8 mile in that video you posted LOL and most of them were running 7s in 1/8

Last edited:

gofast15

Established Member
My stock 720S has been 6.6 / 10.0 on oem tires and 6.4 /9.7 with R888R on the street

gofast15

Established Member
Road course sticky is very different than drag sticky. There is absolutely no way a good DR wouldnt gain substantial time over what comes on the McLaren's. An R888R is not a drag tire or even a good tire in general.

My guess is we haven't seen them due to size availability.
They don't gain anything from DR mainly because 720S can't do a standing burnout to get them hot .stock launch control is too soft plus the car runs boost by gear from factory , 10 psi only in first gear . Low profile drag radials like to wheel hop if they are cold , R888R don't wheel hop at all

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Stop, ur gonna hurt some feelings of those that swing on 720s balls. Its a roll-race car it doesn't get out of the hole very well. I keep telling ppl that but im a hater I guess lol.

10.0 on the street is wicked...... but not for cash days or against any other relatively fast car.

They don't gain anything from DR mainly because 720S can't do a standing burnout to get them hot .stock launch control is too soft plus the car runs boost by gear from factory , 10 psi only in first gear . Low profile drag radials like to wheel hop if they are cold , R888R don't wheel hop at all

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
And still got smoked...... The only thing failing was the 720s.

Damn , you failed pretty bad here .They are racing 1/8 mile in that video you posted LOL and most of them were running 7s in 1/8

blk02edge

Established Member
Stop, ur gonna hurt some feelings of those that swing on 720s balls. Its a roll-race car it doesn't get out of the hole very well. I keep telling ppl that but im a hater I guess lol.

10.0 on the street is wicked...... but not for cash days or against any other relatively fast car.
You have got to be one of the lowest IQ people on this forum. Shit talking a 720s.... Lol who tf you think you are?

It's a ****en McLaren... It does a lot more than just roll race.

badmpg03

Established Member

A car that can’t get down the road? Lol What planet you on bro everyone knows those cars get down.
now the driver who knows...and on on a crappy 660’ country road ; probably get this same result. I still think he had traction control on, car goes limp after 1 foot.

Anyway he had no chance of winning that cash days and and I highly doubt he went there thinking he could. but Cool to see him out mixing it up , can’t say I’ve seen any exotic at a cash days. I’m sure they were glad to take his money

Users who are viewing this thread