Predictably - 19" NT05r, Sportlines, stock shocks + 150 shot & 6k dump - Bye Diff

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Update - Snapped DSS 800hp Halfshaft.. not diff

So I finally pulled the wheels off to assess the damage.. Passenger side DSS halfshaft sheared at the CV. They are covering this under the warranty, no issues there. But, just a heads up.. I didn't expect that on an NA launch. That's why I bought these, to survive that. Pics loaded weird, but you get the idea. image3.JPGimage5.JPGimage1.JPGimage2.JPG

(Original)
Ya... couldn't believe it survived 7-8 passes like that until it finally snapped on an N/A launch haha!!

Car was impossible to launch. So new springs, vikings, more sidewall. I just wanted to see if I could get it off the line, and I failed. Housing is fine I think, just internal. I'll tear into tonight.

Ignore the reaction, was a solo pass trying to launch it right at 6k.. bc reasons.

[video=youtube;vS8Op5RZ0BQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS8Op5RZ0BQ[/video]

Last edited:

REDS197

Established Member
I bet its a drive shaft or the diff bolts. I have broken two aftermarket drive shafts and sheared two bolts that hold the diff as well. I have a tvs and launch at 6k with slicks and have broken everything but the diff. I am very curious to see what you find.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
How much did it put down??

I think motor was 435/405. It has a 150 shot, but I've never sprayed it out of the hole obviously. That was the first track day I've had, just 7 passes all N/A until 2nd. This was a 5-6krpm launch attempt on motor only pass. Those half shafts only had 400 miles total on them.

Users who are viewing this thread