premium or base...hard desicion help?

snkchmr 1

64aede5c.jpg

I did these covers by roadwire & a Bullitt wheel.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
idk what you what you were playing to make the shaker 500 sound muffled. ive had multiple amp and component setups over the years and it sounded great for a stock system. adjusting the bass and using an ipod it should sound pretty good. also premium > base. and get recaros

I agree. I have the 500 and its the best stock sound system I have ever heard.

c. love

Established Member
I had the same question before i bought mine. If you look hard enough you can find premiums for just a bit more $$$, unless you are buying new.

I sat in a base then a premium and the base feels cheap and crappy compared to the premium. For me I felt the little more $$ went along way to me enjoying the car alot more.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you provide details on the stereo upgrade??

Start by changing the door speakers out. Shaker 500 adds door subs and corresponding amp. You could then add a trunk sub setup for additional base if desired.

REPCobra10

Established Member
I'd try to get in a premium-GT, OP. I have a base-GT and I regret not forking over the extra-money to get the premium. They're so much nicer inside! Lesson learned...:(

CharlieR

Established Member
I ordered the Base because: I liked/wanted the 18" base wheels, I planned to replace the stereo system anyway, I didn't care about leather or power seats(Would consider leather covers but still no desire for power[seats anyway]), and the car was to be drag raced(also reason I got the auto). I went to the dealer and drove V-6 versions of both(dealer didn't have V-8 base so did V-6's to keep "power" from changing my mind). I am happy with my decision, but you should test both and see which feels right for you.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I got a 2013 Base GT with 3.73 gears and Brembo Package it also came with a tech package which included sync. I could not be any happier. I paid 32,000. OTD.

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
I ordered the Base because: I liked/wanted the 18" base wheels, I planned to replace the stereo system anyway, I didn't care about leather or power seats(Would consider leather covers but still no desire for power[seats anyway]), and the car was to be drag raced(also reason I got the auto). I went to the dealer and drove V-6 versions of both(dealer didn't have V-8 base so did V-6's to keep "power" from changing my mind). I am happy with my decision, but you should test both and see which feels right for you.

Good advice...:beer: Everyone has their own desires and aspirations for a car that they buy, so it's truly up to them in the end...

KYSVT

Banned
I absolutly love my wingless brembo car. It's not premium and it's not base lol. If i were you op i would go with a base and spend the saved $$ on mods. Premium and base both are comfortable riding cars.

acrbill

Established Member
My manual 2011 was a base car. I liked it but when I traded for an auto 2011 I got the Premium and it really is the only way to fly IMO. In this day and age you almost need bluetooth for your car if it is a daily. My car is optioned with dual power seats and seat heaters. I am not much of an audiophile but I did upgrade the speakers to alpine components and it sound decent. I think a small sub would round it out perfectly.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
I LOVE my premium. Everyone talks about putting the saved money into mods, but when you are financing it comes out to an extra 50 bucks a month. not really mod money. Get the premium and enjoy the leather and the stereo.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
My first car was a base, I used the little-known 'accessory' line on the loan (dealer employee) for 7G's worth of mods right from the start which put it to premium price.

Now that car's gone, all those parts are in hand and I'm going premium. Same dollars per month for a much nicer car in my situation.

AssPikle

Established Member
I got the base and made the dealer add leather for just over 30,000 OTD. The dealer installed leather looks and feels better than the stock leather and mine still came with power driver seat and sync. IMO, the premium at 6,000 more sticker was not worth it for some lights and the data gauge in the center. I already installed a sub and amp and the stock system sounds great and looks good. I would do it again.

fake

Established Member
The premium with all the fancy gadgets just means more chances of things breaking in the future. Ya you have a warranty, but I can't remember how many threads I have read on other sites about the power seats taking a crap and people complaining about the quality of the leather seats.

Djstorm100

Established Member
Went to one dealer today looking. I have to say dealers make me like laugh all the time, first offer was "invoice price but 20k for your trade" My trade is worth 24k so he comes back with 22k for my trade but 2k over invoice now. I just got up and walked away.

deepblue13

Established Member
I've got the base with the adjustable seats and tech package. I love it. I'll be picking up a set of leather seats this year though.

Users who are viewing this thread