Prepping the 98 Cobra for the Open Track!

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I have never seen such a long thread dedicated to one car with 1700+ views and not one pic!!! I think you've broked every rule of svt!!! :poke:LOL

I want to see track pictures!!
:beer:

Unclebens

my sack is huge
Established Member
Yeah me thinks it's time for pics, finished or not. Maybe a little progress montage to hold us over. OR! You could just bring this bad boy out to the next Sunday cruise and either Steve or I could take pics of it.

Not to thread jack, but:
Which one of your cars is going to make it to fab fords? That reminds me, do you want my boy to clean up your car this year. I know its early but, we are already making plans. Lots of cars to polish up. Reason I ask all this is that if that black one is coming its going to need more work than most.
Back to the build . . .

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I have never seen such a long thread dedicated to one car with 1700+ views and not one pic!!! I think you've broked every rule of svt!!! :poke:LOL

I want to see track pictures!!
:beer:
I'm dying to get her on the track!

Yeah me thinks it's time for pics, finished or not. Maybe a little progress montage to hold us over. OR! You could just bring this bad boy out to the next Sunday cruise and either Steve or I could take pics of it.

Not to thread jack, but:
Which one of your cars is going to make it to fab fords? That reminds me, do you want my boy to clean up your car this year. I know its early but, we are already making plans. Lots of cars to polish up. Reason I ask all this is that if that black one is coming its going to need more work than most.
Back to the build . . .

Let's see if we can't set up a cruise next Sunday? Then you and Steve can take some pics. I still need to get the drivers side door skin fixed which is probably the last order of business. Of course there is much more to come for the 98...

In regards to Fab Fords, I will probably want to get them both detailed. My girl can drive the 04 and I'll drive the 98 or something. We'll see how everything pans out.

I can't wait to see the finished product next week. 12 Quarts of oil in this system!!!! :lol1:

Last edited:

racer

Established Member
Your car was at this past SEMA, yes? Sexy Sexy car :bowdown:

Thanks, Agent 47 took it out there after we put the remote TT's on it.
Found a pic.
1800523735.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Just got word from the shop that the Accusump system, pan and brake cooling ducts are all installed!

I'm just waiting on my oil pressure gauge from Speedhut and the major part of the built is done!!!

Race seats and a mid-pipe are next, but before that I'm hitting Streets of Willow Febraury 9th.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Just got word from the shop that the Accusump system, pan and brake cooling ducts are all installed!

I'm just waiting on my oil pressure gauge from Speedhut and the major part of the built is done!!!

Race seats and a mid-pipe are next, but before that I'm hitting Streets of Willow Febraury 9th.

Damn Streets of Willow is Feb. 9th? Man i gotta register and get prepared.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
So my shop is telling me they highly recommend that I go with the Maximum Motorsports Panhard par setup for my intended purpose of the car. The Kenny Brown is nice, but they want me to do go MM w/ my setup. They also want to weld it to the car for extra support. They also want to replace to rubber bushings on the eyelet to solids.

The shop quoted me $500 for install. Looking at $850 with parts/labor, welding etc...

I trust this shop a great deal as they have tackled some HUGE jobs for me in the past.

I had a few questions the shop will discuss with MM tomorrow morning so from there I'll decide, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing it.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Damn Streets of Willow is Feb. 9th? Man i gotta register and get prepared.

It's only $150, but hurry registration is filling up fast!

Interested in a Kenny Brown Panhard Bar setup w/ an adjustable bar for your Cobra? It will be nice for street/track use. I'm going to get rid of it for fairly cheap.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
i read all that and no one ggod picture??? WTF. lol.

Trust me I know :lol1:. I think everyone knows.

Pictures will be on the way - the car has been in the shop for a while getting all this stuff installed.

This has been a long build and it's coming to a close.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
So EVERYTHING is in the car including the new MM panhard bar setup with custom fab'd shock sleeve.

All that remains is the oil pressure gauge wiring and she is done. When I get the 98 back from the shop I'm snapping pics!!! What a long road!

After this its time to address a few things on the 04.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Just added some pics of my buddy driving the 98 Cobra after we picked it up from the shop.

Not the best, but it gives you a decent idea of how the car looks....

Users who are viewing this thread