Previous GT Owner, Hunting for Terminator

djhtech

Established Member
Hello all!

My name is Dan, located in Florida. A bit of history: I have a fair amount of experience with Mustangs in the past (01' GT) owned in 07' with a complete engine/transmission overhaul to try and achieve the "ultimate" N/A 4.6 - well that road was short and got rid of it.

- Hello 2016 -

I am actively searching for an 03/04 Cobra (prefer Conv.), any color choice except Yellow and Red but prefer Comp. Orange, Satin Silver, Sonic Blue, White, or Black.

I will update this thread as I go along -- hopefully I find one!

Nice to be here!

Dan

djhtech

Established Member
There is a Cobra LOCAL, 3 miles from me that is a 2003 silver vert, bone stock, very clean 2 owner autocheck - 16.5k miles

Last edited:

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing better then cruising around FLA in winter with the top down right? Get it and don't look back.

djhtech

Established Member
..or make an offer of $10,000 for this?
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ges&showListingId=126076625#listing=126076625

3 owner vehicle, autocheck is clean except for this at the trailing end:
01/27/2014 TAMPA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0097882193) (Lien Reported)

07/03/2014 FL State Agency RIGHT FRONT IMPACT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE (Case #:6660862)
MODERATE DAMAGE REPORTED

11/17/2014 TAMPA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

10/19/2015 FL 99,665 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE

Last edited:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I say go for the local vert if it checks out. That way you have a stock low mile vehicle that you can mod the way you want.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
20k for a cobra with 16.5 miles that's in good condition is a good deal, you shoudl jump all over that.

Spend 10 minutes in the Terminator Buy/Sell section and you'll come to the same conclusion

BTW -- See handle name, I made a similar transition 8 years ago.

djhtech

Established Member
Thanks everyone for your opinions!

We have agreed on deal and waiting for him to come back to Florida (as he's on business leave). In the meantime, I drove over and performed a detailed inspection on the vehicle -- it's as clean as it came off a showroom in 03'... no kidding. I also test drove it and drives excellent.

Now, the wait begins and pictures to follow.

djhtech

Established Member
I am going to need new wheels / tires. They are still factory and little tread left. I am planning on taking the wheels/tires off and storing them.

I've tried searching a bit, but does anyone know where I can find True Forged wheels?

Thanks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Post pics if you thought to take some. That was a good deal. Smart to go with it vs. maybe one with higher miles/lesser cost that could come with issues.

Users who are viewing this thread