Price for Cobra?

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Might be selling my car in the next few months. Sucks, but with an 18 month old and another on the way come August, I need something more practical, since I drive this car 3-4 days a week to work and back. Would like to pay it off and keep it, but I dunno...seriously at a crossroads....don't know what to do....

.....anyways........

What do you all think I could get for it?

2004 TR Cobra - few scratches, and a ding or two from usual wear and tear. Chrome stock wheels
54,xxx miles
Not garage kept, but washed/polished weekly. Oil changed every 3/4k. Never seen the track. Bought car with 5,000 miles on it.

2.9 Pulley
K&N CAI
O/R UPR X-Pipe
Magnaflow C/B

Any thoughts MACA? Any help would be great. Already have two people interested....... Kelly Blue Book in 'good' condition says $18,275.

Anyone sell one lately?

Thanks,

~Mason

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I can't believe I'm actually going to post this....but I agree with Jason on this one. I think the 18k ballpark is probably close to what you'll get for the car right now. If I were you, I'd watch the market here on svtp and see which cars actually get sold, then see if you can find out what they sold for.

*sigh*, I never though I'd see the day where I agree with Jason on the resale price of a mustang....:nonono:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I should point out that it really bugs me to post that, because I still like to dream that my car is worth close to 30k. lol. But yeah man, I'd put it on the market for 19,5 if you want to sell it quickly and just leave yourself some room to negotiate.

If others post up and give evidence that the car is worth more you won't be the only person that's glad to hear it, but unfortunately the used car market is kinda hurting right now.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Thanks for the input fellas. I'll see what happens to the market in the next 2 months before unloading. Catcha on May 3rd GTG.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
To be honest if I could tell my car right now for 21k, I think I would sell it! KB/Whipple cars are 20-22 (depending on mods).

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Don't make a quick decision... car seats will fit in the back and the rumble will lull them to sleep. I know because I've done it in my '96 Cobra. Now that the kids are older they like to go for rides in my '03 and my 13 yr old daughter likes when all the kids comment about her Dad's car when I drop her at school. :lol1:

I would agree that you should start asking 19 to 20K. It gives you some room to move and still get a fair price. Unfortunately I think we all feel our cars are worth more than they would actually sell for. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread