Price info

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have owned a CO Mach 1, Cobra R and my 03 Cobra--my son really wants an SVT Focus. We found one, an '04 CO 3 door, excellent shape with approx 70k miles, is this worth $9500? I thought it was a little high, but maybe I am off. thanks.

02fordsvt

Established Member
I won't spend more than $6000 for a SVTF and even that's high for most Foci you will see. $4000 seems to be a good price for most in average condition with a few more miles.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
My brother had a very clean 03, with 63k miles on it. He got 4500 for his. That is insanly high.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
They are good cars, but just not worth 9500, unless it was under 20k miles, then maybe, but in the end it still is a focus. For that kind of coin, I would look into a SS/SC Cobalt. They make more power, and personally, I think they are nicer.

perkinz24

Established Member
I personally wouldnt throw that kinda $$$$ at one?? (i like what you allready have) . I would say a NICE ONE would be say around the $4500-$7000/range. I mean you dont want to buy a P.O.S. Ya no?? If you get him one, you dont want to get one that you 2 will have to keep on working on. So, id look around a bit more because like the guys above, i too believe thats a lil bit steep.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
You really have to watch the paint on the Comp Orange cars, I've seen several in person that had issues with the clear coat peeling.

I've only seen that happen on CompO cars, none of the others seem to do it although I've not seen many Screaming Yellow SVTs around.

SVTs can be great little cars but if they've been neglected they are money pits.

perkinz24

Established Member
-your sooooooo right steve!!!! i mean , if you find one (like mine or steve's) that has been took care of (greatly) and the price is right you probably wont have to do too much 2 it!! -If you find one (like steve said above- "thats been neglected") like that, "goodluck". Cause id say youll be installing a up-dated clutch kit/ and or summin else..lol..

racerbox77

Established Member
Old thread but I will say the Comp Orange cars are very rare. The 3 doors aren't AS rare but still not many around. I would say the car in question is worth $7000 ish if mint.

Sent from me

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I came in here to get Focus info since I just went and looked at one as a new DD. It is a red '02 with 61K, in good shape but not cleaned up (he hadn't planned on selling yet). I told him to give me a day or two to think it over.

Here in the DC Metro area, I thought I was doing pretty good talking him down to $7500. Most I found around here were over 100K for similar prices.

But based on this thread, maybe I need to go back and offer less. I hate doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread