Price is too high

2k3mk1

Established Member
Check out htis months car and driver pretty good stuff on the GT. It layeth the smaketh down on a 200k Ferrari Stardale and the new 110k Porsche GT3. This car is intended to go FAST not neccesarily in just a straight line but through the twisties as well. If I had a spare 150K FORD would deffinetly get my $$ for 1 of these.

JoeJoe

Established Member
All i can say is All Hail the team that designed and produced this bad boy...

Wait until someone starts messin with the pulleys....hehe.....

Joe

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IMHO $150k for this car is not out of line whatsoever.

I'm hoping they depreciate fast (like most cars do) and one can be picked up in two or three years for 100k. ;-) I may be dreaming but it's still better odds than hitting the lottery!!!:lol: :p ;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Big 8

Established Member
I will do you one better. If you can get one for under 175K in the first year you will be damn lucky.

This car could have been priced at 200k and would have sold out.

Its got too much heratage and history. Its a blood line and a pure champion.

Someone mentioned a 360 Modena :shrug: Not even close. The stradle version of the 360 gets left for dead. Car and Driver quote."we know of only one car that could beat the GT at the track and thats a 650k Enzo"

0-150 mph the Ford pegged 16.7 The Ferrari was 22 plus.Thats the more powerful lighter more exspensive version of the Ferrari 360.

No way 150K too much:nonono:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
For those of you who haven't bothered to look elsewhere, according to AutoWeek, the Ford GT will sticker at $139,995 (plus delivery and taxes). Also, if any of you can build this exact same car for less, please do...and soon.

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
11.6@125mph is ridiculous for the mclaren f1 just so you know. thats what road and track got, but the test conditions blew. a european magazine tested it and got 11.1@138, and another got 10.8@139.

dolphinron

Established Member
Dont forget, they got a couple of million dollars to make up for the ad on the superbowl. Otherwise I'm sure the car would be $90,000. :rolling:

Custom2kgt

Established Member
Originally posted by dolphinron
Dont forget, they got a couple of million dollars to make up for the ad on the superbowl. Otherwise I'm sure the car would be $90,000. :rolling:

Like the add said. The GT is the pace car for Ford. They'll never come close to selling enough GT's to make up for the R&D, much less to pay Saleen. However, selling Foci, v6 stangs, Minivans, etc etc. Hopefully those will.
Just my 2¢.

03CobraBro

Established Member
The Ford GT is, undoubtly an awsome machine... However, lets face it, when paying 150 thousand dollars for this car, your also paying for novelty (in this case the novelty of being able to say you drive around in Fords best of the best). There's nothing wrong with that though.

You could say something similar about a 360. You dont honestly think, physically, that car is worth 170 thousand dollars do ya? (or any other ferrari in its relative price range) Hell no, if it was the ferrari family would have went broke years ago. A good 50 thousand dollars of that price is paying for the ferrari name. (and obviously the fact the fewer cars you make the more you have to charge to make up for developing everything that car has)

So, I mean, when you sit back and look at it, 150 thousand dollars in comparison to what the Ford GT brings to the table, all factors concidered, is a very good deal.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
My SVT rep says these things are selling for as much as $265,000 due to limited availability. They are going to have one on the showroom floor here, but not for sale. I am going to go and drool like a baby over it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by svt03cobra10th
My SVT rep says these things are selling for as much as $265,000 due to limited availability. They are going to have one on the showroom floor here, but not for sale. I am going to go and drool like a baby over it.

Well, right now there is a feeding frenzy going on with these things! None available (right now) and tons of interest/demand. Yes, they will initially sell for the big bucks. BUT, remember the newly redesigned T-Bird was the same way before they were available? They were selling for over MSRP. Then the novelty wore off and the car was not as hot as everyone thought and not only were they discounting them after a while, they simply weren't selling.

Not saying the exact same thing is going to happen to the GT but a similar scenario is to be expected. Keep in mind the fact of how many people are out there who; A) want the car and can afford it, and B) who are willing to part with 150k to own one.

It will, No Doubt, be interesting as hell to see how this all plays out?

If you ask me, 150k for this car is a down right bargain!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Bruce, I agree 100%, I would love to be able to give Ford Motor Company $150,000 to put one of these things in my garage. That is not going to happen failure of the cash flow mod, lol. The price will even out as soon as they start hitting the streets, but they will start appreciating as soon as the new owners take possesion of them.

03cobraminn

Established Member
I think that the price is also to high , when you look at a stock 04 viper srt-10. I really love the gt , but I think I would go with the viper , just for the fact you could twin turbo the viper,and still have money left over for a 03 04 cobra. The gt has a good history , but in my opinion you are also paying a little extra for the history.

fordification

Established Member
Besides, I'm pretty sure the 05 Boss Cobra will take the Viper down when it comes out, and Dodge will have to anti up again.

Last edited:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Say, isn't this, "I would buy the WHATEVER OTHER CAR because it's...." getting a bit old already? Those of us who love and want the Ford GT really don't care that some mechanical wizard gets his Corolla to run sub twelve second quarter times, or that Billy Bob's '76 Vega needs a wheelie bar cause it's so fast, or that YOU'D want something else because....We really don't. Really.

Users who are viewing this thread