Pricing question

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Ok, I went to the dealership and they have 2 black '03s for MSRP. However, they have ads for them over the internet and are asking $34,725 and you can take another $300 off if you bring the ad in which totals to $34,425. I asked them to open the car and it is a 3rd run car, YDH1, but it has 31.x miles on it. Is that excessive for a new car? How much should I ask for the car if less than the $34,425? Thanks for your help. :)

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Sounds like a pretty good price to me....we have 2 ford dealerships about 14 miles apart and our "mother" dealer receives all of the cars, so we always have about 20 miles on all of our cobras/lighnings, then they always come empty so its off to the gas station, and our svt mechanic pdi's the car to check allignment, so EVERY one we have has between 26-30 miles. only our head porter drives the cars between dealerships and never abuses them...even the managers are not allowed to drive em and we keep post-its every time the car is even moved in the lot from space to space...so i wouldnt fret 30 miles on one...usually if the dealer wont give a test ride is also a good sign. even with 30 miles, the rear tires still have the wax pencil tire mfg's marks on em as well. Just make sure you get the exact price on the car in writing, and make sure they're giving you what your trade is worth(if you have one)...i wouldnt even mention it untill theyve written down a price on the car...also FREIGHT and GAS GUZZLER tax are ON THE INVOICE AND STICKER-the price sounds like its about 600 under sticker, so be leary of them "adding" freight in. other then that, sounds pretty good:thumbsup:

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
Also, if they are advertising a Cobra, they are in dire need to SELL a Cobra ;-)
And if they are quoting a price in the paper, they are willing to sell for LESS than that price ;-)

*nudge* *nudge* *hint* *hint* :beer:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I dont think theyre advertising it, its prolly just the dealers web site with an generic 300 dollar "coupon" ad in it, why the hell a dealer would have any "need" to sell cobras is beyond me....but if you got 4 saleens stuck on the lot that could be a problem.....

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
I dont think theyre advertising it, its prolly just the dealers web site with an generic 300 dollar "coupon" ad in it, why the hell a dealer would have any "need" to sell cobras is beyond me....but if you got 4 saleens stuck on the lot that could be a problem.....

Actually, they had a black Conv. S281-E, Sonic Blue S-281 Stage 2, and a Red Conv. S-281 Stage 3 sitting on the lot along with 4-5 '03 Cobras and some Lightnings as well. I found the ad on Autotrader.

OverToad

Established Member
Hmmm........that's the place to go to get a deal ;-)

But I gotta ask.......What's an s281 Stage 2 and an S-281 Stage 3?? I thought those "stage" designations were Roush. Saleen just has an S281, and an S281-E. The don't designate different "Stages" for SC'ed and non-SC'ed. Of course, Saleen doesn't know what "Customer Service" or "warranty" is either.......

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
Hmmm........that's the place to go to get a deal ;-)

But I gotta ask.......What's an s281 Stage 2 and an S-281 Stage 3?? I thought those "stage" designations were Roush. Saleen just has an S281, and an S281-E. The don't designate different "Stages" for SC'ed and non-SC'ed. Of course, Saleen doesn't know what "Customer Service" or "warranty" is either.......

Didn't think about that. Yeah, it was an S281-E, S281 non supercharged, and a S281 SC'ed car.

Users who are viewing this thread