pro 5.0 question

stevieb

Established Member
Pro 50 question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question about the pro 50. I have a new t-56 in my 03 Cobra, it was replaced under warranty about 2k miles ago, it has the stock shifter. In 3rd gear the shift handle started to vibrate when I grabbed it to upshift, unless I timed it perfectly and sort of depress the clutch first. I just installed a pro 50 shifter yesterday, the stops seemed to be adjusted good as with the lever in gear there is a slight air gap between the stop and handle. During the road test a couple of times when I wound up 3rd the handle was vibrating so bad you could hardly read the numbers on the shift handle. It didnt do it every time but it happened.
I looked up in my Ford cd manual but they dont show anything about an internal adjustment. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I also wonder if I take it back to Ford if they will blame the 50 shifter. Thanks

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Sounds like there is an internal vibration in the trans. It is more evident with the Pro50 only because it is a much more direct path from inside to the handle than with stock rubber bushed setup. It's not because of the Pro50.

stevieb

Established Member
I agree with the internal vibes. But I didnt mention I took the stock rubber bushing out and put in the pro50 metal bushings a long time ago. I know I need to take the car back in, but I was concerned if they would blame it all on the shifter. My dealership is way cool and the serv mgr is right on.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
They "could" blame it on the shifter. It's possible, but unlikely. If you're really worried you can swap back to the stock shifter when you take it in.

Users who are viewing this thread