Pro 5.0 shifter

nsreed

Established Member
I picked up the August issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. Good article on the 03 Cobra vs the 02 Camaro SS.
The magazine hated the stock Cobra shifter and put in a Pro-5.0 shifter. Anybody out there done this yet??
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords is going to do an install article in their next (September) issue on installing the Pro 5.0 shifter in our 03 Snake.
FYI
Ned:p

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Yup - I've had the Pro 5.0 since day one. It is a nice shifter, but the reach for 3rd and 5th is a stretch for someone w/ short arms. Some guys put on different handles to take care of that problem. MSW is one, I believe. Other's use the triax handle.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
You'll love the short throws and positive stops. And I've not missed a gear, yet, as you may have been hearing other's are doing with the stock units. :-D

El Culebra

Established Member
Just put one in today I heard folks complaining about the Tri Ax breaking. I have had a 50 Shifter in 01 now it's in the Beast and I swear by it. "Folks Don't be Fooled by Imatations".....LOL I don't work for Pro50 the product just works.

Users who are viewing this thread