pro bracket drag radial

matthewgallagher771

Hey guys I’ve got a 2014 mustang gt auto finnaly looking to take it to the drag strip. I purchased Mickey Thompson pro bracket drag radials and was wondering if I need skinnies with this setup to help the high end sway. I know skinnies would help my time but I don’t wanna spend to much because I only plan on taking it to the strip a couple times this year. The car makes 1000hp and 970lbs of torque it has a mmr12000 hp rated block rebuilt tranny rated for 1000hp upgraded willwood breaks and suspension. a driveshaft safety loop but has a stock rear end that’s another question of mine If you guys think the rear end will hold up even if I take a Down a couple times this year . Cheers from Canada

clinton2003

Established Member
im running a "mostly" stock rear end. has some cheap axles, welded tubes, and weld on swarr bar. stock carrier, 3.31's. many years of abuse and its starting to whine.. so im putting 35 splines and a spool in it now..

as far as skinnies, it wont hurt to do them. Shouldnt have much sway as you have radial with radial. radial fronts with bias rears is what is the most dangerous. I run bias skinnies with my mt pro's without issue. have run with fat front tires and dont remember if there was much, if any, sway.

kingcobra323

Established Member
Def alot of power I'd say rearend should be fine. Depending how hard ur launching. Do you have a stall converter transbrake etc. Start low and then let it eat after that good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread