Problem with our SHO

aksvt

Established Member
2013 model with pp, bought new and is my wifes daily commuter. Has just over 45k miles now and has been rock soild (and well maintained), until yesterday. Driving down the road it just spuddered and died like it ran out of gas (had 1/2 tank) and would not restart. Car just turned over without firing at all, had it picked up on a slide back and taken to the dealer. Its stock with extened warranty so we should be ok, just curious what happened. I am guessing a fuel pump might have failed or a crank or cam postion sensor. :(

aksvt

Established Member
We had some kind of a recall done on the fuel system but i am not sure if it was the pump. I remember getting the letter from ford about the recall and something to due with a fuel leak or smell of fuel in the car. I will see if i can find the specifics of the recall.

Found it- We had this recall on the fuel delivery modual done maybe a year ago.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM442019/RCONL-13V227-0123.pdf

Last edited:

aksvt

Established Member
Day 3, no word on the problem yet. Was told the first tech coudnt figure it out and they are giving it to a another tech.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
2013 model with pp, bought new and is my wifes daily commuter. Has just over 45k miles now and has been rock soild (and well maintained), until yesterday. Driving down the road it just spuddered and died like it ran out of gas (had 1/2 tank) and would not restart. Car just turned over without firing at all, had it picked up on a slide back and taken to the dealer. Its stock with extened warranty so we should be ok, just curious what happened. I am guessing a fuel pump might have failed or a crank or cam postion sensor. :(
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, aksvt. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

aksvt

Established Member
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, aksvt. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Thanks for the offer but looks like they figured it out. The fuel pump that was replaced 8 months ago as part of the recall has failed they said, they installed a new one and they say its fixed. We will pick up the car in the morning, hope its good to go.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Thanks for the offer but looks like they figured it out. The fuel pump that was replaced 8 months ago as part of the recall has failed they said, they installed a new one and they say its fixed. We will pick up the car in the morning, hope its good to go.
Great! Thanks for the update, aksvt!

Deysha

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Another thing you might look at is where the knock sensor wiring comes over really close to drivers side block and intake manifold. Ford never recalled this, but if this wiring gets chaffed or rubs it can cause the motor to go into a limp mode with great loss of power. It's actually a big safety issue IMO. I just moved the wiring and taped it along with wire loom to prevent it from ever rubbing again. Go to ecoboostperformanceforum and search. There is pictures etc and directions on where to find it. FYI

Users who are viewing this thread