Problems during boost!

Boosted 03

Established Member
My car drives perfect under normal conditions even during hard acceleration without boost. The problem is, when i am in boost the car feels like it's missfiring. It shutters and does'nt pull. THere is no pinging or any audible sound of detonation. I have been driving with the same tune for over a year with no problems or changes. Anyone have any ideas? DFPS? It's only when in boost. The car drives great without boost and idles perfect like always. Give me some ideas, im thinking spark blow-out, DFPS or a sealing problem (intake,blower or heads). Thanks in advance :dw:

Last edited:

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Maybe you should have your car retuned and dynoed. For your mods your HP numbers seem low to me for a dynojet. What's your timming and A/F at? You should be making at least 520/490 with your mods.

P.S. pull a plug a check it out also make sure you have no un-metered air.....good luck

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
his Numbers before Apten and HE
459 HP, 462 TQ
must be something else, did you redyno the car to see what it's doing? have you checked for vacuum leaks etc?
and with his mods he should be right around 500/490tq at the wheels

Boosted 03

Established Member
Those numbers are before Apten and throttle body. I never had it re tuned, but it's been over a year now and it's always ran like a beaten cat. NO detonation or anything. I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks everyone.

Fordguy0915

Established Member
I would check the gapping on your plugs...Sounds like your getting some spark blowout under boost.

John

Users who are viewing this thread