Procharger D1SC, 16 Boost but only 630 RWHP..!!

Moaz

Established Member
Thanks so much all for contribution,
So, to conclude, can we touch the main bullets I can go and get them bolted to enhance the performance?

boduke0220

Established Member
you simply cannot make much over 750 on 93 octane. the fuel just wont allow it. high compression or low compression, you need race fuel, meth and E85 to get to 850+

Kevinbonds

Established Member
There are a few factors.. you are at the top end of efficency for that blower, and you have low compression. Those numbers are not bad, we all want dyno queens with high numbers. but how does it drive? I don't like dropping the compression that low, as you need to throw a ton of boost at it to make power, which creates a lot of heat and really spins those centrifugal superchargers.

Moaz

Established Member
There are a few factors.. you are at the top end of efficency for that blower, and you have low compression. Those numbers are not bad, we all want dyno queens with high numbers. but how does it drive? I don't like dropping the compression that low, as you need to throw a ton of boost at it to make power, which creates a lot of heat and really spins those centrifugal superchargers.

Thanks for your reply..
Just a quick question, you've said that am reaching the top end of this blower which is D1SC,
As per Procharger.com, they're clearly mention that this blower is capable to deliver 950 HP.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Thanks for your reply..
Just a quick question, you've said that am reaching the top end of this blower which is D1SC,
As per Procharger.com, they're clearly mention that this blower is capable to deliver 950 HP.

This assumes everything is perfect, and every car is different. You have low compression which means you really have to spin that blower to make power. Once you get into 16PSI on a D1 you are really out of it's efficiency range. As I mentioned before, if it's running good and has a solid powerband.. I would just enjoy it.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for your reply..

capable of 950hp in perfect conditions* (compression, head/cam work, fuel type etc...)

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Thanks for your reply..

As I mentioned previously, do not believe the numbers Procharger has listed for their smaller entry level blowers. You do not know what kind of motors they used to get their numbers. I think they have the P1 rated at some crazy high number. 2v guys are shocked when they only make 450-470rwhp with a maxed P1SC blower and cams. "But Procharger rates it at 825hp" is the whining that is mostly heard.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
As I mentioned previously, do not believe the numbers Procharger has listed for their smaller entry level blowers. You do not know what kind of motors they used to get their numbers. I think they have the P1 rated at some crazy high number. 2v guys are shocked when they only make 450-470rwhp with a maxed P1SC blower and cams. "But Procharger rates it at 825hp" is the whining that is mostly heard.

Their first problem is tryin to make power with a 2V :D

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Their first problem is tryin to make power with a 2V :D

Hey! I had a 2v before the 4v. Their second problem is trying to make power with a P1. But yes this is a good example for the OP. It really depends on what motor the blower is attached to. Procharger could've made 950hp on a high compression alcohol motor for all we know.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a Procharger D1SC, but I thought the OP would like to see this video.
Ken is the bomb when it comes to tuning these Mustangs!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Pretty crazy that they were able to make 900 whp with a P-1X. I wonder what size pulley they were using. I bet that blower is pretty closed to being maxed out.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
According the test we've made, no boost leaking.
After few researches, I've found that this is very common with low-compression engines such as that one installed (Aluminator 9.5), and it requires more boost to get RWHP/RTQ, like 25 PSI or more to see 800 RWHP.
Dude your dreaming, JPC got north of 800 with NO WHERE NEAR 25 psi AND 9.5 isn't low, that's optimum on pump gas. YES it's lower than an oem 5.0 but it's not Terminator territory.

Last edited:

Moaz

Established Member
Dude your dreaming, JPC got north of 800 with NO WHERE NEAR 25 psi AND 9.5 isn't low, that's optimum on pump gas. YES it's lower than an oem 5.0 but it's not Terminator territory.

Hi,
Thks for the comment..
I didn't got your point.. could you please explain?
Becz I'm about to go and get a 3.4'' pulley and activate the Meth/water (juice boost) injection, and use Boostane (additive) with the pump gas fuel,
What do you think?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Looks like the belts slipping?

Also low compression aint helping as many others have said.

I'm with Curt@injected. Looking at your graph, the power isn't linearly climbing to peak RPM like these blowers do. It's doing some sort of wiggle and flat line. Mine looked just like that after the belt started slipping and I dropped 30rwhp on the last pull of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread