Procharger guys

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Well I have been debating on what to get for the major power-adder swap for awhile now and its always been between twinscrew or TT's. Never really thought about Procharger.

So I've been looking around and think they are awesome setups. The one I'm looking at is the F-1A kit. I had a friend who had a D1SC on his '99 Cobra then swapped to a TT setup, but that D1 sounded crazy sick.

What I'm asking is if you guy's could fill me on how much you like your setup's and if you would rather have something else? I am also looking for something different than what the majority has lol

Thanks in advance! :beer:

convert03cobra

Established Member
I have a F1A setup and I like it. The sound of the bov alone is pretty sick and it sounds like a jet. The looks on people's faces when I drive by is pretty funny. Boost takes a little while to build up but once it does and you are going about 70mph...bye bye. But its a pretty expensive setup and I would go twin screw if I had the choice.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have the D1 and am very happy with it. The only thing I'd change it for is a turbo set up.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I've had a twin turbo setup, built motor, Art Carr 4r70w, etc etc on an 01 and I now have a d1sc, big red race bpv, built motor, T-56, etc etc and I've been REALLY liking this procharger setup, sounds sick, especially with the race bpv and still makes great power... if I didn't run out of fuel pump the other day on the dyno, they said it would've probably hit 560-580rwhp at around 15psi. You have to get the turbo setup JUST RIGHT and don't skimp on the kit that you get so that it is reliable, otherwise, you just end up getting yourself into a mess. If you do go turbo, I would personally recommend not getting low mount turbos because then you have to worry about drain back issues. The less you have to worry about, the better, lol. Just my 2 cents.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I have the Procharger D-1SC with Big Red Race bypass, paired with a built motor, trans, and full fuel system. Like others said, takes a little bit to get the boost going but once you hit it, it's like preparing for takeoff. Which my car sounds like a jet anyway lol. I love the kit I honestly do, but since my car is a DD it's a little too loud for my liking. But after a long debate on going Twin Screw, I've decided to just keep her the way she is. Future plans see an F-1A in them :)

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I have the Procharger D-1SC with Big Red Race bypass, paired with a built motor, trans, and full fuel system. Like others said, takes a little bit to get the boost going but once you hit it, it's like preparing for takeoff. Which my car sounds like a jet anyway lol. I love the kit I honestly do, but since my car is a DD it's a little too loud for my liking. But after a long debate on going Twin Screw, I've decided to just keep her the way she is. Future plans see an F-1A in them :)

Yeah freaker, get the F1A and stop beating around the bush. F1A @ 21psi will give me a great run for my money at 17psi. Plus procharger last longer than turbo's, and the maintenance on procharger are a lot simplier than turbo's.

The main advantage turbo has is using a boost controller to change the boost levels at the turn of a dial opposed to changes belts and requiring tools.

Turbo is very expensive, but the time you get a Turbo Kit, Boost Controller, Fuel System, you at about 10k.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
There is a local guy who has a F1 setup on his '03 Cobra with a built up engine. It is an 800+rwhp street car. When I asked him about the lower rpms he said...

"Yeah I have to catch up with the roots/twin screw guys but once I catch up it's over..."

He has an aluminum block and all kinds of other stuff. That was two years ago when I had a Supra to play with :fm:.

Edit: My Roush has a ProCharger and like others said it takes time to build up but once it does HOLD ON!

Last edited:

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
with 4.10 gears it doesn't take long to get up there, lol. Almost too quick, thinking of switching to 3.73's so I have a little more time in the gears, but that's later on.

klep2024

Established Member
I like my lil P1SC a lot! Like everyone else said, you dont get your power til the upper end but its a lot of fun once you get there! Im still on the stock unforged bottom end so getting my boost higher in the rpm range is less scary for me.

TClark22

Established Member
i know mine is just a 2v with a p1sc but i do love the setup...even better if it drove well all the time.

but even the tiny p1 and stock bypass sounds sick!

on a cobra...i would do TT or Twin screw

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I love my D1SC. The sound is sick and the power is nice. Great thing about daily driving centri cars is that you can stay out of boost really easily by keeping the rpms low, not so much in a PD blower. But with that being said the PD blowers usually make better street cars because the power is felt the instant you push the gas. Just depends on what you want out of your car. I will stay Procharger.

imbuggin

Established Member
I don't know why all you guys say you have to wait for boost. My kicks in hard around 4000 rpms or a bit below (p1sc @ 10 lbs)

joeason1010

Banned
My brother had a F1A installed on his built 3V on 19lbs and I can't say enough about it pulls hard down low and on top end it's got an insane power band I must say and it's only on 19lbs. I have heard nightmare storys about them going to 30 lbs so. Kenne Bells and Whipples are awesome but I think for the more serious racer either Procharger or Vortech for sure.

joeason1010

Banned
Is that being sarcastic I can't tell, but if you are and you don't believe me you can go check out some NMRA cars that are pushing them harder than we are for sure.

imbuggin

Established Member
people are saying that because a roots/screw blower is kickin in at 2k.

at 2000 rpms how the hell would you put it to the ground? Most launch even above that. I looked today and it kicks in at about 3500 and is at full boost just over 4000. It doesn't take long.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
at 2000 rpms how the hell would you put it to the ground? Most launch even above that. I looked today and it kicks in at about 3500 and is at full boost just over 4000. It doesn't take long.

Good tires and suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread