Procharger in the Boss 302. Anyone?

Boss949

Established Member
About a month ago, i met Boss owner from Abiline. He had a D1-SC also an A/T.

Ran 9.40@145mph. awesome set up. He also uses the car on the street and loves the pro charger for street an track.

Anyone else? I'm really thinking about adding that D1-sc to my car.

I have no illusions of making my Boss a 9 second car.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You could go with any of the supercharger options on the boss and it would do well with all of them. Paxton, vortech, procharger and roush/vmp all work well. Any specific questions shoot me a PM and we can discuss goals and options.

4VFTW

Established Member
I have a D1SC on my coyote and while it makes solid power and should run 10.20-30's once dialed in if I were placing the order for a blower again I would be ordering a VMP TVS...there is just too big of a soft spot in the powerband for my taste with the centri.

Boss949

Established Member
I have a D1SC on my coyote and while it makes solid power and should run 10.20-30's once dialed in if I were placing the order for a blower again I would be ordering a VMP TVS...there is just too big of a soft spot in the powerband for my taste with the centri.

Thanks. Soft spot? 1500-3000 rpm?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Op, I would try to ride in cars with both types and then decide what you prefer.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
I'll predict more like 4000+, but will wait for it from 4VFTW.

yeah, my converter stalls to 3700 so if I lay into it in 3rd or 4th it sees 5lbs almost immediately , but it sits there for a bit before it spins enough to start building more boost. And when you are used to nitrous trying to stand the car on the bumper at the track the Centri is a bit of a letdown...the transbrake should help immensely though.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
4VFTW, how does your car 60' with the centri/converter? I'm on tapatalk, so I can't see signatures.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
if the d1 went 145 mph it can certainly be set up to perform. I guess the question is do you want a car that will win a race against just about anything it ever comes up against (145mph car afterall..) or do you want a car that will feel fast with the instant TVS hit.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Just for clarification, TVS's can be setup to go 148+ (and inceasing all the time so far) as well. You could have something that not only is fast, but feels fast.

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
I'd say anything that traps over 140 is going to feel FAST. And the centri setup will be much easier to get traction. The sound of a procharger is FANTASTIC, especially the f series blowers

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
And the centri setup will be much easier to get traction.

Sean that's like saying if you launch your Boss at only 4000 rpm you'll hook up easier! Lol! You could do it, but why would you...

Last edited:

Boss949

Established Member
When I launch @3000+ it's difficult to get any traction even with DR's. The Procharger kits have my attention bc I can keep the Boss intake Manifold and the power curve is not s negative to me. I've got friends and family members who have 800+RWHP Cars who all have trouble launching.

sean04

Established Member
Totally wasn't meant to down talk PD blowers. And I didn't mean at the track, I should have said on the street. I've had them both and they are both great. Just my opinion is all:beer:

4VFTW

Established Member
4VFTW, how does your car 60' with the centri/converter? I'm on tapatalk, so I can't see signatures.
I only have 2 passes on the D1 , but the 60's were 1.59 whereas on nitrous I would see low 1.4's. I hope to see 1.4's with the D1 using the T-brake.

my car would pull 1.59-1.65's n/a for reference

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
About a month ago, i met Boss owner from Abiline. He had a D1-SC also an A/T.

Ran 9.40@145mph. awesome set up. He also uses the car on the street and loves the pro charger for street an track.

Anyone else? I'm really thinking about adding that D1-sc to my car.

I have no illusions of making my Boss a 9 second car.

D1 is an excellent choice. I went with the i-1 - expensive but i like putting the curve where i want it plus the boost comes on same as a pd - instant and all the way to 7500

076_zpsce94f29f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread