Program to Optimize printer color on monitor?

AzDropTop

Established Member
Wondering if there is a program to optimize the color I see on my monitor so that pictures I am working with actually print 'how they look' on the screen?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Absolutely. It's actually easier than you might think. Take these images and print them out:

IMG_0131.JPG

ColorTest.jpg

Use the results to adjust your monitor settings. If your monitor color cannot be adjusted, I recommend upgrading your video card that has this feature.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
AzDropTop said:
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Pretty sure I can't adjust the lap top though. Much appreciated. :beer:

No problem.

If that's the case, you should be able to adjust your color profile if you own Photoshop or Corel Photopaint.

You may also want to check and see if your printer mfg has a color profile file for your PC. It has a .ICM extension, which can be loaded under the "Color Management" tab of the Advanced Settings found in your PC's display settings.

AzDropTop

Established Member
I do use Photoshop and will try adjusting them. The problem I've had with the recent not so good printer paper, is the picture looking good on the monitor, but printing out too dark, too red etc. I need to switch back to HP paper.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Are you printing photos? If so, the cheapest route is Target's Kodak process. 20 cents a shot.

I figured out every angle of printing with an inkjet and couldn't get any lower than 34 cents a shot (without the printer added as part of the cost) for 4x6 prints.

AzDropTop

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Are you printing photos? If so, the cheapest route is Target's Kodak process. 20 cents a shot.

I figured out every angle of printing with an inkjet and couldn't get any lower than 34 cents a shot (without the printer added as part of the cost) for 4x6 prints.

Yep. Not anything major, but I like to replace pictures we have in frames every now and then to freshen up the place. :) My HP 7760 does a great job with certain papers, but the Kodak 'anytime picture paper' has been pretty poor so far.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
There is a windows power tool that will let you do it. Along with tools for virtual desktops, graphing calculator, windows regestry tool(nicer than regedit) etc etc. Just search for windows virtual desktops, and you'll find the other programs.

Users who are viewing this thread