Programer

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
Was wondering if it would be ok to put a programer on my car car? 2001 mustang bullitt with 121700 miles on it. and which one would be the best for it?

Thanks for the help

kody

Last edited:

Domingo

LTs on a V6 Vert
Established Member
You have 121,700,000 miles on your car?

But seriously, using a tuner like an xcal3 shouldn't hurt your car unless someone makes a mistake in the tune. If anything, it should allow someone to make changes to the car to make sure it's running the best it can be.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
everybody i talk to wants me to get a superchips programer. and take it to fast lane(down here in texas) and have them do 3 diffrent dyno tunes. they want to charge me close to 900 for everything is that a good price?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
everybody i talk to wants me to get a superchips programer. and take it to fast lane(down here in texas) and have them do 3 diffrent dyno tunes. they want to charge me close to 900 for everything is that a good price?

NO...

For this application just find a tuner that has a tune for your computer code because the canned tunes are almost as good as a custom tune for this car. You might give up 5-10 hp but it's ok.

Just make sure it's unlocked if you find a used one. I have never bought one this way but I have sold two other Diablo predators (mustang, f150) and never heard a bad word from the people I sold it to. I bet you could find one for less than $200.

For Example..

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mach1predator.htm

(RPM outlet screwed me once so buyer beware, just showing this for part number and price)

Last edited:

Domingo

LTs on a V6 Vert
Established Member
NO...

For this application just find a tuner that has a tune for your computer code because the canned tunes are almost as good as a custom tune for this car. You might give up 5-10 hp but it's ok.

Just make sure it's unlocked if you find a used one. I have never bought one this way but I have sold two other Diablo predators (mustang, f150) and never heard a bad word from the people I sold it to. I bet you could find one for less than $200.

For Example..

Diablosport Predator tuner for the 2003, 2004 FORD MUSTANG Mach 1 Automotive Performance parts

(RPM outlet screwed me once so buyer beware, just showing this for part number and price)

Yeah, I agree with that.

I bought an SCT X3 from VMPtuning and got great service.
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: Custom Tuned SCT X3 Flash Tuner for Ford Vehicle from VMP

VMP also leaves their tunes partially unlocked so you can make adjustments without paying someone for a new tune(idle, timing, etc).

SpectorV

Established Member
my tuner (SCT X Cal 3) was 380 with no tunes (letalperformance.com) then I had a tuner write me 3 tunes for 100 bucks, dynoed it and made sure its good, updated as needed and Im good to go, you will have to pay for dyno time (say 75 bucks for 3 runs with a a/f check and data log with a lap top (you can do this yourself) and send the tuner the files afterwards)

F the V-TAC

Established Member
I just ordered an SCT X3 from American Muscle. It is 357 i believe with the forum member discount. You get 3 tunes as well (they now get Bama tunes)

F the V-TAC

Established Member
ah true, I forgot they had those tunes
I'll let you guys know how good of a tune it is :D Ordered MAC catback, o/r x and JLT RAI for the mach, this thing is going to come alive with those mods and the tune!

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
damn i let my xcal2 go for $100 lol

I did the same with mine. $100 both times.

I have a Diablo predator for a 08 4.6L 3v F150 that was never used if anyone wants it... $100... RPM Outlet said it wasn't their fault they sent me the wrong one (I have a 5.4) so I have had it sitting here for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread