Project Pro-touring Fox (Ridetech Equipped)

BLKFOX

Established Member
Oh hellz yeah AWESOME choice and glad to see you like to be different as well

Thanks man, I like to try to make things my own! I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve still, I'm not done yet ;)

I put the car back down on the ground to roll it over to the lift. I'm switching the rear end over to a 31 spline setup this weekend, so it'll be alot easier. Now, I'm just depressed that I don't have tires for the new wheels yet, I'd love to see it sitting on them...

20150617_233002_zpsdcsqov2h.gif

On another note, I got a good deal on a new dash! The guy who had my car, previously, ran lines inside for his mechanical gauges. Dumb decision, yes. Even more dumb decision, drilling a half dollar sized hole in the dash to run the lines through..... While I've got the old dash out, I'll get some of the wiring cleaned up, mount the computer for my Dakota Digital unit, and take out some un-needed weight :D.

20150617_231450_zpsgdqd66uj.gif

Just a shot of the engine bay, with the pieces mocked up in place. I'm really just down to wiring, running brake lines, and little knick knack stuff...

20150617_233014_zps3vtz4azr.gif

BLKFOX

Established Member
Thanks!

I got the chance last night, to tear the rear end apart. This wasn't in the initial plans but I ran into a couple snags that I thought might need to be addressed (in the end, they didn't). It's too late to turn back now, it's getting a 31 spline setup. Also, it's getting some 3.73's thrown in it :D.

20150623_225445_zpsrpzwsylu.gif

20150623_225415_zpslmkz9ebd.gif

blownfox

Established Member
Nice build! That rear coil over kit looks really nice. The bracket almost looks like it pushes the shock/spring AFT a little?

BLKFOX

Established Member
Nice build! That rear coil over kit looks really nice. The bracket almost looks like it pushes the shock/spring AFT a little?

Thanks! We designed it to move the shock mount a little more inboard, for a little extra tire clearance.
How am I just finding this thread?

Keep up the great work Josh, cars looking fantastic!!
I'm almost to the exciting part (I think it'll be running shortly... I hope), so you may have caught it at a good time!

and thanks alot, I appreciate it :D

:coolman:

:thumbsup:

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm almost to the exciting part (I think it'll be running shortly... I hope), so you may have caught it at a good time!

and thanks alot, I appreciate it :D

From one Josh to another, Great work! :beer:

In for running videos! Any sort of eta?

BLKFOX

Established Member
From one Josh to another, Great work! :beer:

In for running videos! Any sort of eta?

Well, I was hoping to have it running last weekend, but I ran into a few things I wanted to do first. I *think* that I have everything I need to make it run right now, I just need to make sure I have power on all of my wires, splice into the factory harnesses, and make sure that my Dakota Digital cluster has everything hooked up and has power! It shouldn't be much longer at all, I'm praying for this weekend/early next week!

Zemedici

Established Member
Awesome! Be sure to get a video. Any sort of ideas on power?

Well, I was hoping to have it running last weekend, but I ran into a few things I wanted to do first. I *think* that I have everything I need to make it run right now, I just need to make sure I have power on all of my wires, splice into the factory harnesses, and make sure that my Dakota Digital cluster has everything hooked up and has power! It shouldn't be much longer at all, I'm praying for this weekend/early next week!

BLKFOX

Established Member
Awesome! Be sure to get a video. Any sort of ideas on power?

At the moment, it's just going to stay NA. I'd like to see 375+, if everything works like I was shooting for, it should be achievable. However, I do have a few other things in the works ;)

BLKFOX

Established Member
Also, just a little bit of a Monday surprise... The 331 is staying in the car but I picked this up too :D

11707478_10207506674573138_5785456834445367374_n_zps7lodmqic.gif

BLKFOX

Established Member
Well, I got farther along this weekend, but not exactly where I want to be. My plans were to start the car up but the fuel pump won't kick on, so I've got some things to trace down.

I put the new dash in along with finally getting the Dakota Digital VHX setup wired in. It's looking like I'm going to have to drop down the fuel tank to get the fuel level sending unit working, properly (it can't ever be something quick and easy...). I love the way that this cluster looks!

20150705_175739_zpso32nmt4x.gif

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Well, I got farther along this weekend, but not exactly where I want to be. My plans were to start the car up but the fuel pump won't kick on, so I've got some things to trace down.

I put the new dash in along with finally getting the Dakota Digital VHX setup wired in. It's looking like I'm going to have to drop down the fuel tank to get the fuel level sending unit working, properly (it can't ever be something quick and easy...). I love the way that this cluster looks!

20150705_175739_zpso32nmt4x.gif

NICE! :beer:

BLKFOX

Established Member
Just an update, the fox has fluids in in, power steering lines are finally hooked up, vacuum lines, and harnesses are plugged up, where they need to be! Tonight, I need to put the new distributor in, mount the coolant reservoir, hook up the last two parts of the Dakota Digital setup, and triple check all of my wiring. There is a good chance that this thing might fire up for the first time, tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread