Project Stupid Pics and Vids

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Not the actual first start up, but the first start up on video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn2ESg_U-1E]YouTube - Project Stupid First Fire Up.[/ame]

I kept telling myself that I should take pics as the build progressed but I just kept on grabbing more pieces to install. I should have paid someone to just walk by and take pics of what I was doing.

This is how the truck has looked for the past week.
DSCN4133.jpg

DSCN4134.jpg

Finally in and running strong.
DSCN4138.jpg

DSCN4139.jpg

DSCN4140.jpg

What IAC and EGR mount??
DSCN4141.jpg

The install went almost incident free. Aside from a few moments of genius that I had everything went together without any problems.

I removed the transcooler lines from the radiator and I am just running the two external coolers. I left the top cooler fitting sitting on my work bench at home and had to go back home to get it otherwise coolant would be everywhere.

I think I also burned up the power steering pump. The truck is so loud without the mufflers on it I could not here the Power Steering pump screaming it's ass off since I didn't put any fluid in the tank. Thank God for ESP warranty.

The only real issue that I had was the JDM exhaust system. The drivers header and mid pipe are perfect and in the right spot. The passengers header and cat is fine but the midpipe outlet is off by about an inch and a half. I could force the two midpipes together but it work crack a header tube with that much tension on it.

I need to call JDM on Monday and see if they have had issues with this and hopefully they will address it. Otherwise, I will have to take it to an exhaust shop here locally to get a 10 inch piece of pipe made up.

This build was bitter sweet for me. As many of you know, I had two heart attack's last Feb and I lost my father almost a month to the date later. This past year has taught me many things. I would never have had the funds to build my truck the way that I have if I was to do it on my own. Sadly, I was given the needed funds by the early passing of my father. I am a car guy, and all I do is cars. I wanted to do something in memory for my father that would last longer than I will. So now I have three cars that will never leave the family.

I love ya pops.

img089-1.jpg

DSCN3350.jpg

Last edited:

vmorel1

Established Member
You need to change the name to "project make everyone jealous"

Congrats Eric. It's a beast :rockon:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Oh, it must be nice to have all the amenities of work right at your finger tips.

Nice Job,Eric...

Users who are viewing this thread